The old days

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I joined when it was email site. There was just a few. Sharon F., Gina, Hank. There was a few men on and I can't remember their names right off but it seems like a couple are still on here. There was a lady that died and Zazzy soon after. And Joann and John, sometime in there.
Sharon and Gina were both on here when I joined. They invited me to join. I met them on an old heart posting site. I can't even remember the name of it. (Pumphead) (Still after all these years???) :eek:
Sharon, Gina and Hank , help me out here!
It seems like so long ago. :D

There was only like eight or ten when I joined. It was the old email site. But it grew rapidly. Seemed like everyday there was a bunch of new ones.
Sharon and Gina invited me to join. On an old heart posting site.

I just got back to the states last night but Billy sent me a VR thread on my company email earlier this week so I had checked it out. When I signed on to MSN, Rain was on-line so we had a Bolivia to Colorado on-line chat. Mindy, I do recall you being online earlier than Aug of 01. I think I had to re-register a few times because I forgot my password so if pumpheadedness hit others, your orig. date may be, in fact, earlier. I do not actually recall who all were members because it was growing pretty fast back then but there not that many in mid 2000. This is the place to come if you want to get acquainted with 6' tall women. The first three I met in person, Rain, Gina and Janie are all 6' tall and they were standing next to each other in SAT when Kay and I drove up to the hotel. Standing side by side, they actually blocked the sunlight. I had already met Janie because they have a ranch near SAT and we have a farm near there and she and I and our SO's met for dinner. Mindy and Lorraine, I love the not too tall ones too.

Good site and good people.

The Old Days

The Old Days

Hi Missy,
I was on the old e-mail list too. I don't remember exactly when I joined. The lady who died was Martha and many of the originals Bob, Christine M, and Bill do not participate any longer. I was glad to see Ron P return as he also was in the group as was Ron That's Me (aka Fabio). I still have the same problems I had way back then and no surgery to relieve them. I still work full time and travel a lot. Who know's,maybe I will never have surgery. I guess I still hold the record for being in the waiting room the longest.

To all members new and old alike, [U]everyone[/U] has made this one of the best sites on the Internet!!
fdeg

Missy, Zazzy is alive and well. I talk with her from time to time. (in your post, sounds like you thought she's gone? - not). She has been through so much, tho. She checks in from time to time to say hi.

Janie, I recall the Riverwalk plans - It was fun watching all the plans fall into place. And then the reports from all afterward.

Dick V my friend..............How the hell are you!

You post even less than I do !

I trust all is well with you and your wonderfull family !

When I joined the listserve, I was still pre-op and not sure about anything. I remember one menber telling me to go check out the Ross Procedure list serve since I was leaning that way. I did, am still reading all of those posts........ but this IS MY FAMILY!!!!!

I love this pl;ace and each and every one of you.

God Bless.

Ben

Hi Francesca, it is so nice to here from you! I haven't heard from you in awhile. Glad to hear all is well with you!.
I did make it sound like Zazzy was gone! Sorry Zazzy if you ever read this! I didn't mean for it to sound that way. Wasn't paying attention to what I was writing. I had trouble with that posting and wound up with two on there. Sorry everyone!
Maybe Hank could tell us when he started this site. Or Gina or Sharon. I do remember there was just a few.

Yes, I was part of that e-mail group. I was looking for information on Pericarditis with Effusion following mitral valve replacement - I think on the Cleveland Clinic site - and Hank invited me to join. It was probably sometime between August, 1998 and June, 1999 as that is when I was really suffering with that complication. I was still working as the Director of Managed Care at a large hospital then, which is a good thing, as my e-mails weren't really monitored, and as I remember, e-mails would pop up from this group several times an hour. In fact, several people joined for a very short time and then asked to be removed because of the number of e-mails involved. It was the beginning of what has become a very great thing, but like others, I still miss the good old days - even the fighting!

My Year was 01

My Year was 01

I came in during the summer of "01"' remember all the problems I had in getting ready. Quit smoking and getting the dental work done. Also, remember the same week I had surgery, 9-11 the Twin Tower tradgey hit America. I cried that day and remembered my surgery comng up. I held my head up and got it done. I and everyone came through it bravely. Memories, I had to have one to remember. But we all pulled through that time.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

I was an original member

I was an original member

Hi, All,
Don't forget, the Hoosier gal was with this site from the inception -- during the e-mail days. I had surgery in 1997 and I seemed to remember joining up in either 98 (or perhaps 99); it was right after we purchased a brand new computer. I remember Martha, Janie, Bob G. (from New Jersey), Hank, Nan, Gina, etc. I had to drop off the boards for a year or two, just dropping in occasionally because of professional and kid demands. But now I'm back and bound and determined to make a reunion. Take care all. :p :p

I joined in early 01 after my AVR in Dec 00. I have drifted away at times for various reasons, but always seem to gravitate back eventually. Just a great site. Thanks to all.

MarkU
:)

Hi Folks

Hi Folks

Wow ..reading this thread has made me think back and remember ..I can't remember the exact date I found this site or joined it ...butI do know that it was the best thing I ever did. Henyslee, I really remember the support I got from this board ...boy was I scared ....I often wonder if I would have gone through with my surgery if I hadn't found this board.
I met with my cardio on 9/11 and will never forget hearing on the news about what was happening as we drove up through the peacefulness of the Scottish Highlands ..it was hard to believe ..Scotland was looking at its best that day and yet an ocean away the worst terrorist attack was taking place.
It was a day I sure we will all remember what we were doing and where we were .
Life is going good here ..I'm working full time and have had one of the hardest classes but most rewarding ones of my career ...my own children are growing up and the oldest has left school and has started a course in conjection with the local golf course ...my daughter starts University in the Autumn and the youngest is starting High School at the same time.
My Op brought my husband and myself even closer and we have a new appreciation of how precious we are to each other ...either that or we are getting old and mellow. Health wise I keep well although I am still waiting to go back into hospital for some tidying up ...this will be surgery no 5 ...I;ve been on the waiting list since last Sept ...but as I waited 9 months when it was really needed last time ..and this one is not desperate ..I don't expect to hear anything before the summer ..I hope not anyway ...I need to stay in school and see this class out.
I don't post often ...but I do drop by regularly to keep tabs on how everyone is doing..I would love to pop across to the Reunions but until the kids are finished Uni it is simply too expensive. I enjoy catching up with people on the Sunday chat .
To Hank and the people that were here at the beginning I would like to say thankyou very much ...
Hensylee ...do you ever hear from Gillian? ...I often wonder how she is.
Wow this has been a long post for me ..hope you are not bored .
Take care everyone ,stay safe and healthy
Scottie :)

Hey, Scottie - sounds like your life has really gotten back on track. I remember your son was about ready to head off to further schooling. Now they are all just growing up, aren't they? Glad to hear you are back full time.

I did find Gillian, wrote to her. She lost her husband but she was doing well. She sent me a copy of the eulogy she wrote and it was lovely and made me believe that she would go on and do well on her own. We all recall he was disabled and they had a tough time during her valve surgery.

Thanks for the up date, Scottie. So nice to know how folks go on with their lives, I think. I am sure all will be well when you go for the 'clean up' surgery.

Hi All - I joined in Aug 2000, quite a bit after the originals, but before this place became much larger. Funny that it seemed there were more postings back then.
Bill

John & Joann were in late 99 or early 2000. Joann had her bypass and valves replaced in the fall of 99. Hank had a message posted on the CCF site and I sent a message to Hank/Michelle regarding Joann's miracle life. He JUMPED on the information. Think we were in the first 30. It was email format.

How time moves on and how much we have all learned. And we all have our good friend Hank to thank.

What a legacy he has given everyone!

Latest posts

Back