The LightScan VCT is in use

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

ladyofthelake

Well I did say I would prefer the to have the non invasive lazer fixer upper from Star Trac for my medical procedures. :D With the info on the LightScan VCT it does look like they are getting closer to my goal! lol This one means no more cath at angio times. It will be in use for accessing artery blockages, valve disease, following patients with valve prosthetics and full array of other medical issues. I am adding one link but I have a few more detail articles on it, if anyone wants them let me know. (I am sure it will take awhile for it to catch on in medical centers)

http://www.jsonline.com/alive/news/nov04/275833.asp
JS Online: Detailed images in new heart scan may replace angiograms

Lisa

Lisa,
I had a heart VCT scan a couple of years ago in Los Angeles because my cholesterol was way high.
The scan showed the same thing my last cath (in 1994) showed which was absolutely no sign of plaque build up or any blockages.
The doctors seem confused since, with my cholesterol, they seem to think I should have some build up.
So, I guess there are 2 possibilities. One, the tests are wrong and I am going to drop dead at any minute, LOL! or, high cholesterol, in my case, isn't causing blocked artieries. I prefer to think the latter, of course.
I still am watching my cholesterol as I realize it can be a problem over time and still may "get me". But, I am a serious watcher of and will be a continued participant in the VCT technology.
Smiles, :)
Gina

LightScan VCT

LightScan VCT

geebee,

Glad to hear you had the benifit of some technology a few years ago. With the LightScan VCT they are talking about the ability to actually view body nerves, heart valves and get detailed pics of other areas of the body along with its ability to scan for artery problems. I hope that they will talk more about its value in measuring regurgitant factors of valves. If it proves capible of that it may indeed prove the article title true. :)

Lisa

Latest posts

Back