The "fun" never ends...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now it looks like I'll be having my surgery on Friday, May 25th. I'm not sure if I like the idea of waiting that long, but it actually works out for the best with work. I have that following Monday off, so I'd end up missing fewer days of work, plus it will give me more time before leaving to get things finalized. We plan to leave Wednesday morning (driving) so we can be there by Thursday. I'll (most likely) go into the hospital bright and early in the morning for the surgery, then (hopefully) be released on Saturday. Depending on how I feel we might leave that day, or we might leave on Sunday, making it home on Monday. Probably wouldn't be able to go to work on Tuesday, but maybe Wed-Fri (which is the end of school).

Of course, there's no point in making plans, as every plan I've made thus far has been ruined by this stupid ICD. I had planned to leave MN the first time on Thursday, then ended up stuck there until Tuesday. I had planned on having my summer to spend with my nephew, then the wire stopped capturing. So the plan changed to having surgery the 2nd week of June so I could meet my nephew, then have the surgery, attend my FIL's 50th birthday, and be recovered enough to take care of my nephew in July. Then the wire got worse... So now I don't know why I am even trying to make plans. There's no way they will go my way. I am obviously not in control. Guess I should just give up and give in to whatever is planned for me... But I REALLY want to be able to see my nephew when (or at least shortly after) he is born!

Hi Niki

So sorry to read about all the "stuff" you're going through. The plan you have sounds good.....hope it works for you. Be careful.....don't take any chances with your health. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Ev

Driving, eh?

Have SAFE travels ... and know, of course, that thoughts/prayers are continuing for you....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You really think you're in control?" ... Gnarls Barkley ... 'Crazy'

NIki (((hugs))))

NIki (((hugs))))

Late as always, my dear, but I am so sorry to read that your saga is continuing.............but then again, we are glad that your saga is continuing - :D if you catch my drift.

I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this yet again. YOu know you can count on our prayers, and we will be thinking only good thoughts. Look at the bright side - you most likely will not be snowed in this time. :D

We love you lots. You are one of our American idols (long story). If there is anything at all we can do, just shout. Lots of love and starting the prayers now. Hugs. Janet

catwoman said:
Niki:

Where in Dallas will you be doing the video race? Ever any spectators?
The race itself is wherever you end up. The starting and ending are both at Fair Park. Generally, there isn't any way to spectate the actual race. However, anyone can come watch the screenings which are the following week at the Angelica at Mockingbird Station. There's usually three nights of screenings. Tuseday and Wednesday are the prelims, and Thursday is Finals. We won't get to be there to see the screenings at all, which is a complete bummer, because we'll have to head up to MN on Tuesday to make it there for Thursday bloodwork for my Friday surgery (I got the dates today). Our team-mate will be there to represent us, but we sure would rather be there ourselves to see the audience reaction, not to mention our competition.

For more information you can go to http://www.24hourvideoracedallas.com/.

Latest posts

Back