The Dentist, The Crown and Me

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tammy

Well guys I'm off for my first crown in the AM tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it. They said plan on 2 hours. What the hell takes 2 hours - grinding down a tooth and making a mold?

I have my Amoxicillin all ready, the headphones, oh and I don't want to forget the Xanax.

Once I get past the shot, I will be okay - I just REALLY hate those shots. They take forever and the dentist seems to be in slow motion when she injects it.

Okay, okay if I can make it thru OHS this will be a walk in the park.

Whine - whine - whine

Tammy

Hey Tammy

You will be just fine girl! Had a crown myself a few months back. No biggie. Unless he has patients galore in the office....should not take 2 hours?? And, oh yes you want him to take his time with the Novocain since you are on the Coumadin. Sounds like you have a good dentist and he is treating you with caution...as he should.

They will grind the tooth (ask for gas) worked like a charm. Fit you for your crown. Put on a temp and you should receive your new fit in about two weeks. Remember no sticky or hard stuff on that side while you are waiting. Just opted to chew on the other side until the permanent was in place.

Rest assured...you will do great! Rememebr gas is your best friend.

Keep us posted!

Had ALL of mine capped except 7. Dentist used to have me come in on Sat when he was ususally closed and we would spend the entire morning just grinding away. Got so I can self-hypnotize myself by "going home and doing laundry, redecorating, sewing or whatever worked that day" and I could've just gone to sleep in the chair. Believe me it can happen - just take yourself away from the sound, people, etc. I also use this trick if I can't sleep - do the chore step by step where you can't think of anything else and pretty soon you are asleep or the dentist is finished!!:D :D

Thanks Gals.

Thanks Gals.

Thanks for the words of comfort. I knew I could count on someone offering words of wisdom. I am ready for my Crown. I will let you know next week how I suffered thru it. LOL.

Have A Great Weekend!
I will be busy - son has football game Friday night and daughter has soccer game Saturday. No time to dally - (is that a word, it sounds like something my grandmother would have said).

Tammy

I have had all my crowns done without anethetic and it really isn't bad at all. After all I've been thru with 2AVRs, having dental work is okay by me. I just tell myself to relax and it goes well for me. The dentist says even he couldn't do that. But , I hate the shot and so never get one unless the filling is too deep or when I had a root canal!
Gail

Hi Hensylee-

Another self hypnotizer! I can do that also. As soon as they turn the dental light on, I'm sort of "under". The dentist always asks me if I'm alright LOL. I still get novacaine, because who knows if they really hit a nerve, but for the most part, even if it wears off, I'm fine, even for a root canal.

When I'm in the twilight sleep, I go on "vacation" to Cape Cod where I'm playing on the beach with my cousin. We used to have so much fun!

Latest posts

Back