The best laid plans.......

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiemember

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi all,

It's 2.00pm Christmas day here in Australia. This was my first Christmas since being told I would need OHS in the near future. I had made so many plans to have a huge Christmas celebration with family and friends - until 10pm Christmas Eve when I came down with a case of severe gastro. At 4am with my heart rhythms starting to go out of whack, I knew I had better do something so hubby drove me to the ER. They were great - gave me litres of fluid by IV and numerous injections to stop everything. (Heart palpitations were caused by severe lack of potassium). So I'm back home now feeling washed out but OK.

Anyway I WAS feeling sorry for myself until I heard the nurses doing the hand over shift early this morning. Other patients in the ER included a heart attack, an IVF patient who had just had a miscarriage, a lady having a bad reaction to chemotherapy, the list went on. It made me realise that I was lucky my problem was so simple. So I'm still determined to enjoy Christmas - just not eat anything!!!

A Merry Christmas to you all!!!! - Jeanne

P.S. A guy also came in to the ER, who was on warfarin, who had a blood alcohol reading of 0.08 - makes you wonder what some people are thinking??

Hi Jeanne! It's 950pm here on Christmas Eve...I am so sorry you were so sick and had to go to the hospital:( I am glad you are better and hope you are able to enjoy the rest of your Christmas!! Deb

*nods*

I echo Debster's sentiments ... at 10:52pm central time on Christmas Eve.

Heh ... hard to believe it is Christmas Eve already ... just doesn't seem possible ... or even like Christmas Eve.

Even so, MERRY CHRISTMAS, aussie! Hope the rest of your day goes well for you. And, as I've shared with others, thoughts/prayers that each of us experiences peace and happiness this season.

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"We'll keep you close as always" ... Michael W Smith ... 'Friends'

aussiemember said:
Hi all,
It made me realise that I was lucky my problem was so simple.

Sorry to hear about your day, its sod's law that the more you plan and look forward to something the more likely that something will go wrong.

I too however feel that of all the things that can go wrong with the human body i'd take valve replacement over the other options every time...

You only have to spend 1/2 hour in an ER room to realise how lucky you are in comparison....there is ALWAYS someone worse off that you...

Not that those words will be of any comfort when you are shouting down the big white telephone today :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas.

As it's just turned Christmas here in the States, I propose that we share our Christmas Day with you, to give you a bit of time to recover from the intestinal grunge.

So you can celebrate today instead, knowing it's still Christmas somewhere in the world.

Best wishes,

Jeanne,

My dear friend, I am so sorry to read your post as I know how much this Christmas meant to you. :mad: I got very worried when I saw the title of your post and thought the worse - not that what you were dealing with was "a walk in the park" Take it from someone with tons of gastro woes - I empathize with you completely. Hopefully you got to enjoy the rest of your Christmas Day and you didn't worry your dear daughter too much with a trip to the ER.

It is exactly noon on Christmas Day here so I like tobagotwo's idea that you start celebrating now with us!!!!

Take Care!

Talk to you soon!

Susie

I am sorry to hear about the tummy troubles:( in the middle of the holidays!

It is almost 4pm on Christmas day here in PA.. I hope that by now you have been able to salvage your celebration and are feeling well enough to enjoy a bit of the Christmas pie!

Merry Christmas!

Thanks so much everyone for your words of support - it was really great to be able to log on and read them. Also loved Bob's idea of sharing an American Christmas instead! Unfortunately that wouldn't have worked either as Boxing Day I ended up getting sicker and had to be admitted to hospital for 24 hours on a drip. Made me realise how uncomfortable hospital beds are :confused: Anyway - I'm feeling much better now and intend to celebrate doubly hard on New Year's Eve instead!! Cheers - Jeanne

Latest posts

Back