testing supplies

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RI Mom

I have the ProTime system for Idrees. Problem is....I can't seem to keep up with the supplies. When I get down to having about 4 left, I give a call and order more. But, it seems to take so long to get them and depending upon what's going on with his INR, I can easily run out. That has happened to me today. I went to test him using my very last lancet, got a great drop of blood and was very disappointed to see a "sample too small" error.......DARN IT! So now I have no supplies and am facing the possibility of having to take this kid to the lab. I know....that shouldn't be the end of the world....it is not the end of the world but it is a big dramatic scene that I would avoid if I could. I saw in another thread that Ross was getting his lancets at the pharmacy. Has anyone else been able to do that with the ProTime system? I have a small complimentary supply being rushed to me while my other order is processed through insurance but boy it would be nice to be able to run to the pharmacy for INR supplies.

That's what I thought. Can't exactly just go to the drug store for those. Hope some of the older members can help here. All I know is QAS.

We have a whole bunch of Tenderletts packed individually in plastic pouches.
But sadly, we do not have any cuvettes. If anyone can use just the Tenderletts, I'd be happy to send them along.

Actually, if we had cuvettes they would be useless because they would be way past expiration date.

Blanche

Like love and Marriage...Can't have one without the other...

Like love and Marriage...Can't have one without the other...

Marsha:

It's the cuvette that contains the reagent and has an expiration date. The Tenderlettes are needed to incise the finger and deliver the blood to the cuvette. I have a big old pack of the Tenderlettes here, in front of me. No expiration dates...just a bunch of plastic.

But, if anyone could use them, please PM me.

Regards,
Blanche

Marsha:

It's the cuvette that contains the reagent and has an expiration date. The Tenderlettes are needed to incise the finger and deliver the blood to the cuvette. I have a big old pack of the Tenderlettes here, in front of me. No expiration dates...just a bunch of plastic.

But, if anyone could use them, please PM me.

Regards,
Blanche

I'll check mine at home, too. I could have sworn I had seen an exp date on one of the individual packages, and I wondered why the need for an exp date on a lancing device.
If there's not, I'd be happy to ship whatever I have to someone. (If I haven't already passed them on to someone else.)

Theresa:

I have 7 Tenderletts -- pkg says Tenderlett Plus LV -- and there is apparently an exp date on them -- down in the bottom right of the package. These say 2011-12.

I'd be happy to send them to you, if you'll PM or e-mail me your shipping info (name, home address + home phone). I can overnight (FedEx) for dirt cheap from work.

Thank you both for the offer of the Tenderletts. I may take you up on your offer. I was able to get QAS to rush me a small supply of cuvettes and tenderletts. I had them in time to test him on Friday and was pleased to see that he was in range (3.0) . We traveled to Florida this past weekend so I had to have the supplies sent to the hotel and I had to take the INR machine with us. It added a little inconvenience to the trip but I'm glad it worked out. Otherwise i may have worried the whole weekend that he was over or under. I'll be in touch regarding the supplies that you all offered. Thanks again!

Theresa,
I have a contact at ITC and I use his Tenderletts. ITC is phasing out the Protime and will be coming out soon with a new monitor to compete with INRatio and Coaguchek. If you think it would help, private message me and I will give you his name and edress.

Theresa,
I have a contact at ITC and I use his Tenderletts. ITC is phasing out the Protime and will be coming out soon with a new monitor to compete with INRatio and Coaguchek. If you think it would help, private message me and I will give you his name and edress.

Ooo, ancient chinese secret being revealed.

Theresa,

Marty:

That's great news. More competition, hopefully.

I liked the ProTime 3 -- it was a good machine, but it was bigger than the CoaguChek or INRatio and the built-in battery would eventually pose an expensive repair, from what others here have reported.

I wanted to replace mine before it got to that point.

Latest posts

Back