Test results

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUVMyBirman

For those of you not aware. I had my yearly echo 6 weeks ago. Valve looking great, though they measured my EF at 40 or so. Results did not sit well with me or my cardiologist based upon prior results, current valve function, normal chamber sizes and no fatigue, etc.

We set up a MUGA scan which is an non-invasive test that best measures the hearts pumping capacity, EF "ejection fraction". Turns out my EF is in the high 60's! Needless to say I jumped off the table and hugged the nurse upon receiving the good news.

Though, really need to express I feel echos are not worth the paper they are printed on. This happened previously 2 years ago. "Supposedly" my heart was enlarging. All of a sudden. Further testing reveled the tech did not measure correctly. Same thing with my recent EF mishap. After my first error while living down south my cardiologist agreed to only have a doctor perform my echos. Looks like I will be having the same conversation with my new doctor very soon!

Last edited:
Gina-

I'm so glad that further testing revealed results which were much more favorable. It's very good news!

Thats really great news. I'm so happy for you.

I had some good new too.
I saw my cardiogist yesterday. He didn't feel it was necessary to do an echo this visit. He even said he thought if I continued my medication religiously that I may never need surgery. Come back in 6 months. I'll have one then.
Unless I start to show any symptoms of shortness of breath.

I recently had to switch doctors due to a change of insurance. The thing I liked about my old doctor was that he would ask me to borrow the video of the echocardiogram and he and his brother who was the head of cardiogy in the hospital where they were affiliated would view to be sure the report was correct.

Gina, I'm so glad your re-test was back where you hoped it would be. I, too, have had other tests come back with flawed readings, and had to re-test several times.

Would you care to name the facility where the erroneous readings came from? I'm also in Chicago, and if it is the one I've used, I may ask cardio for a second chance. . .

Glad you're fine!

hi gina!
how awful that you had to go through that with the first results from the echo, but how wnderful that the retest showed that those unfavorable results were off and that you are doing just fine.
so glad to hear the good news. thanks for that info on echos.
stay well, sylvia

Thank you all for your responses. Once again, I never felt alone throughout this little 'mishap'. Actually, amazing how it is so very simple to take these issues in stride. I've come a long way in that regard. Thanks to support from my heart buddies:)

Here's to many more 'favorable' results for one and all!

Nancy MVP. That's great news for you! Congratulations!

Back