ten pin bowling

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie girl

Does anyone here play ten pin bowling. I play twice a week with a 12lb ball and will be having avr in a few months and was wondering how long i can expect to be side lined. ......mary

I'm not sure about the differences in the games. I've been bowling for several years now with a 16 pound ball (inherited from my father) without problems, other than the score. I would think that you shoudn't bowl until your sternum heals; I was told that takes 2-4 months. I would be hesitant to push that limit any, and suggest a very gradual start of bowling.

I too started bowling again about 4 months after surgery...but didn't seriously
get back into it for about 6 months.

I've actually done this shortly after surgery

I've actually done this shortly after surgery

I bowled three times after surgery... the first time about 3-4 months after. I wasn't on painkillers but didn't notice much until that evening and next morning when the top part of my sternum hurt some and I had to take a painkiller that night. I kept seeing the doc and everything seemed fine and my sternum was doing fine. I went three weeks after that and had a similar experience (not bad pain... just a little). Finally about 5 months after surgery I bowled again and continued thereafter with no noticeable pain etc.

I had thought for a while that the first time I'd popped the top wire etc but now it seems that the wire had just been aggrivated by the motion and weight of the ball. Everything's healed up and feeling good now though.

If I had to do it all again I would have skipped that first time and the added pain it brought for the next few days and just waited until a little bit later. My game didn't really suffer for having the break.

If you can't stay away I'd recommend starting with the kids ball after you've waited as long as you can stand to. :)

Latest posts

Back