telemarketers second generation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Well, not that we have the National Do Not Call List the latest telephone harassers are apparently the telephone "survey" people, who are exempt from getting reported.

Last night I got a call from Adelphi Research, and hung up. Tonight I got a call from Adelphi Research and hung up, but then the man called back, at which point I told him not to call back and that I would report him, he said, "go right ahead, we're a survey group and are exempt", so I hung up on him. He then called back two more times. I fully expect to get harassed in the middle of the night, pretty vindictive, I'd say.

This is so out of control.

Anyone else having similar problems? And what did you do?

Hi Nancy...

Hi Nancy...

Hi Nancy,

I signed up for the do not call list, but I do get calls from bill collectors looking for the former owner of my phone number...do you know if bill collectors are included on this list? I keep telling the person that they have the wrong number, but nope, they keep calling...I am sorry that your having your troubles, but I wonder, and I know this might seem outrageous, but have you tried telling or YELLING to these "survey people" that "This Household has SERIOUS Medical issues, and if anything results from their tieing up the line, that you will hold them responsible? I know this is drastic, but I feel that sometimes these callers are really deserving of it....Harrybaby666:D :D :D

Nancy

Nancy

I turn my computer on at 6 a.m. and shut off after 11 P.M. My family knows my mobile number.. Keep it on kitchen counter... I turn the computer off when we leave for several hours..or over night....Guess what. when we come home..have to delete..all calls wanting me to change credit cards..ect. Such a pain..All my doctors have mobile numbers..friends know it. ect.. Beginning to think why we even have a home phone anymore? Maybe getting unlisted # may help????? Bonnie

My # is unlisted so I get few calls - only those people I already deal with, i.e. phone co., credit cards. If I feel I must say something (rarely), I just say "hello" they speak, I say "hello?", they speak, I say "hello?" - then hang up. They don't call back

An unlisted number is no protection from a computer dialing numbers sequentially. I have had extremely good results with the "No-Call" list. (Thus far) Plus, my phone service, for just $1.00 per month, has a feature that will automatically block calls that have no ID.....My phone doesn't ring, and the caller hears a recording from the phone company telling them the call will not go through unless they unblock their ID. Well worth many times that!

Nancy, get a coach's whistle and when he calls, blow it into the receiver. He'll go away. Don't get mad, get even.

Nancy,

About five years ago a nice feature came out for your phone called 'multi-ring'. May be called something different in your area.

Anyway, it's another phone number on your main line. I pay 2.50 a month for the service. Creditors that 'need a number' get the multi ring number. All of our harassing calls come there. It rings distinctively (double ring) I just ignore it. They have an option to leave a message...NEVER had a one!

Being unlisted has it's advantages as Henslyee pointed out. Few additional expenses....but at dinner time they are fully worth the $4 a month!

Change your answering machine

Change your answering machine

I have my answering machine set to 7 rings. I get almost NO sales or other computerized calls. Everyone I know that I want to hear from knows to let my line ring a while if they want to leave a message. I bet I average 1 call a week leaving messages that I don't want.

The other thing, if you can stand to do it, is ask them to hold on a minute and put the phone down. They don't usually call back.

No, Linda's out doin' a doobie....

No, Linda's out doin' a doobie....

I have an unlisted number, also the caller ID thing Les spoke of. I get very few unwanted calls... except for people wanting the 'drug testing lady' who has a number one digit different than mine. I?ve had two teenage boys in the house for the last several years.... they can be so cruel. I really wonder how her business is doing..... You really would not believe some of the stories they?ve went through with people who call up and say, ?Hello, is Linda there??

Latest posts

Back