Tee?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lynn

I've seen a TEE mentioned quite a few times, can someone explain what this test is to me? :)

Hi Lynn-

This is a test which gives much information, so it is a very important test. It gets close to the heart, so the readings have a higher degree of accuracy. My husband has had several.

The secret to having this done is to make sure that the person who is going to do it has experience. You will need to ask about that. Also insist that the test be as comfortable for you as they can possibly make it. They will give you something which will put you into a sort of twilight zone, and will also numb your throat. If these are done correctly, the uncomfortableness will be minimized.

The test itself doesn't take long.

Last edited:
lynn I didn't think I could either, but they do sedate you the minute you swallow the transducer. You won't remember it, but you'll probably have a sore throat for a day or two. So long as they numb your throat really good and start the sedation soon enough, you'll be fine. Believe me, there are worse procedures to endure. ;)

Ross and Nancy are right on target! I've had several and with sedation, you dont even remember a thing.
:cool:

hehe I've had one with sedation, and I remember the whole thing.

:p

Lynn,
I have had 2 surgeries, ( AVR , aneurism repair, and mechanical AVR, too)
I have only had cardiac caths done, not TEEs, so maybe they are not always the way to go.
Gail

Latest posts

Back