Tax Rebate Reminder

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew'sMom

Hi Folks!
I don't know if this has been posted here already or not, but since tomorrow is the day... Just wanted to remind everyone that in order to receive your economic stimulus rebate check from the federal government, you HAVE TO FILE A TAX RETURN this year!! Even if you do not have to normally file a return, you MUST DO IT this year in order to receive your rebate check.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how they figure who gets what. According to the calculator, Lyn and I will only get $600 which isn't what their examples lead up to.

You May Be Eligible Even if You Normally Do Not File a Tax Return
If you have at least $3,000 in certain types of income, you may be eligible for the economic stimulus payment. You also may be able to use Free File - Economic Stimulus Payment. See the special types of benefits or income that qualify below:

Especially for Social Security Recipients
Information for people who receive retirement, disability or survivors' benefits
Especially for Veterans Affairs Recipients
Information for people who receive pension, disability and survivors' benefits

Especially for Railroad Retirement Recipients
Information for people who receive Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits
Especially for Low-Wage Workers
Information for people who receive a wages, salary, tips, etc. or who are self-employed

Especially for Military Combat Personnel
Information for members of the military serving in a combat zone

Latest posts

Back