TAVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, back home after the TAVR. Was in the hospital appx 48 hrs. The procedure went well and was actually a lot easier , at least on me, than I had anticipated. The whole thing took less than2 hrs. A Medtronic 26mm Evolt Pro was inserted. The least amount of contrast dye was used to do the job as I am also in Stage 4 CKD. Echo performed during the TAVR showed no regurgitation and secure fit was the result.Echo taken this morning confirmed yesterdays procedure. What I don't yet is what the ejection fraction is and also the pressure gradient of the valve. Cardio told me it will take some time for things to stabilize . New appointment in 2 weeks . Although it is early post op, I do feel a lot better. A lot more energy and no pain. Some discomfort in groin area but that is to be expected. Orders are to take it easy and not to overdue things even though I may feel like it. When you think about it, this is really an amazing procedure. Time will tell how this whole this plays out.
Excellent! Thanks for the update! Please keep us posted through your recovery. :)

Well, back home after the TAVR. Was in the hospital appx 48 hrs. The procedure went well and was actually a lot easier , at least on me, than I had anticipated. The whole thing took less than2 hrs. A Medtronic 26mm Evolt Pro was inserted. The least amount of contrast dye was used to do the job as I am also in Stage 4 CKD. Echo performed during the TAVR showed no regurgitation and secure fit was the result.Echo taken this morning confirmed yesterdays procedure. What I don't yet is what the ejection fraction is and also the pressure gradient of the valve. Cardio told me it will take some time for things to stabilize . New appointment in 2 weeks . Although it is early post op, I do feel a lot better. A lot more energy and no pain. Some discomfort in groin area but that is to be expected. Orders are to take it easy and not to overdue things even though I may feel like it. When you think about it, this is really an amazing procedure. Time will tell how this whole this plays out.
Congratulations on the successful TAVR! It truly is an amazing procedure. I’m 6 weeks post AVR with open heart and it’s amazing to think about how minimally invasive TAVR is, as I think about all one goes through with open heart.

Quick question for anyone who knows - how is the TAVR valve held in place? I mean, is it somehow sewn in? I’m picturing it springing open once in place (like a stent), but wondering how it stays in place.

Hey

good to hear ... as I understood it, the procedure on you is about the same as having a stent placed.

sound advice. Follow it.

indeed and I'd say that for their design criteria they are an excellent solution.

Best Wishes
Second day.. Feeling good but groin area is sore. After OHS years ago this was a non event .... so far

Wonderful news. Glad to hear that the TAVI was a success. Take good care. If you are up to it, please report back after your 2 week follow up.

Back