Symptoms

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

ticktock

Hi all.
I dont know how to "ease" into this question, so will just blurt. (As I am want to do!). The symptoms of valve disease are sometimes so insidious, that we just flat dont see/feel them, until they are severe. The human body is a marvelous thing, as is the BRAIN (well some of us) and I just seem to drift into symptoms until they are quite noticable.

Just this evening I noticed that I got short of breath, moving the laundry from the washer to the dryer. Then, when I went to pick up the dry clothes in the basket, I became sob again, and sat down the basket for a minute. I noticed weeks ago, that I cannot hold my arms over my head in the shower, long enough to shampoo. I usually drop my arms and continue to bathe, then finish the shampoo. Same goes for conditioning. These little things are beginning to seem like not so little things, but maybe I am over reacting. I know that I am not fully "compensated", that I still have residual failure, but these symptoms seem more severe.

Do any of you guys still experience these symptoms? I guess Im looking for reassurance here, and I already know what you are going to say............... ask your Doc. Ok. I will. But, I would like to know what you guys think. Thanks for listening.

Well, I could (falsely) reassure you that nothing is wrong. But, you guessed it, check in w/your dr. I do the same thing. I generally wait til it's critical enough to interrupt my life. LOL Get to it, girl God bless

Hi Mindy,

Please don't worry yourself. Get yourself some peace of mind... Go see your doctor. At least you will know where you stand, and hopefully if there is an issue, you may catch it early enough to be fixed without further damage.

Wishing you good health,

Rob

Last edited:
Hi Mindy-

Sorry you're having those symptoms. The doctor is probably the only one who can check this out for you. You have a long history and are a very "special" person, both medically and to us your Valvereplacement friends. As the old saying goes, you deserve the best today, so give your fav doc a dingaling.

Good luck and let us know what they say.

YOu should see your doctor very soon. I think SOB is always the symptom mine tells me to be aware of. I have my replaced aortic valve with a tiny bit of leakage, but also still have a moderate leaking mitral. I have not felt SOB or the weakness you describe. But, I didn't have SOB even when my BP was 90/19 and I was in ER before my surgery. If you are having SOB go see the cardiologist pronto!
Will be thinking of your situation. Let us know,
Gail

hi mindy!
i am so sorry to hear you're not feeling 100% (sometimes). everyone's right, your doc would be the best person to ask. robthat'sme has a point, if there is a problem, atleast you'll be catching it early. hope it's nothing.
please let us know what the doc says. good luck and God bless,
sylvia

Mindy - How are You?

Mindy - How are You?

Mindy,
How did your appt. with your doc go? Did you get any relief from your symptoms?

Take care,
Zazzy

Latest posts

Back