symptoms of INR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngmom

I'm new this blood thinning stuff and i will be getting a mechanical valve on the 17th and hopefully they can just replace my other leaky valve. Are there symptoms of a low or high INR? will I feel bad and should I get a home testing monitor.

. Are there symptoms of a low or high INR? will I feel bad and should I get a home testing monitor.

I have never had symptoms of hi or lo INR unless my INR was way out of range.....blood in urine = very hi INR or stroke = very lo INR. Neither of these has happened for many years. Normally I can not tell if I am in or out of my range(2.5-3.5) without testing.

I have never had a physical reaction to warfarin.

Home testing is very convenient and can help you maintain a stable INR. Many insurance plans will cover the cost if prescribed by your doc or you can buy direct from ebay. I bought my meter direct from ebay($500?) and strips @ $4 ea. and do not fool with insurance.

If I cut myself shaving, I can tell if I'm too high by how long it takes to stop the bleeding. Other than that, I don't know until I get the test results each time. You won't feel any different.

My INR got up to 8.0 last year and I had no idea. It was only picked up when a doctor doing a blood test for something else decided to add on INR 'because we have your blood already, why not'.

Back