Survey: when did you receive your valve/repair?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Survey: when did you receive your valve/repair?

• Total voters
June 30, 1998 at Memorial City Medical Center in Houston (Now Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center). This was about 22 years after spending a month of my then 14-year-old life at Texas Children's Hospital with Rheumatic Fever.

My husband had his Aortic Valve replaced on 9/11/01 with a mechanical ATS valve.

Faye said:
My Aortic Valve was replaced September 5, 2007 with an On-X 21 mm. Yup, just over 3 months out and feeling pretty darn good!

This survey is a great idea. I think it would also be nice to know who has which kind of valve.

There have also been times when I've wondered if there was a way to find other valvers in Utah. Can anyone help me?

Faye,
Glad you asked!
Here's a thread I started a long time ago that asked the location of valvers. I don't know if any were from Utah specifically, but it might give you an idea of who might be a neighbor.:p :p
And for anyone who has not voted on this old location poll, please do!
http://www.valvereplacement.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12627&highlight=world+members

Oh Faye,:eek:
I just clicked on the thread to see about Utah, and I see that I had abbreviated it as US instead of UT! :eek: :eek: My Bad!:p :p

gadgetman said:
WHAT???!

Yo' writin' a book now too???? :rolleyes: :p :D

Bubba :)

January 21, 2005: Mitral Valve Repair. Expected to wake up "clicking an' ticking", surprised and pleased (so far).

May God Bless,

Danny :)

BE QUIET, YOU!

Mitral Valve Repair

Mitral Valve Repair

Mitral valve repair - October 20, 2005 - Montreal Heart Institute - Surgeon: Dr. Michel Pellerin

bicuspid aortic valve replaced September 6 2007 with a Carbomedics mechanical; surgery at Hamilton General Hospital in Hamilton Ontario Canada

Faye : just have to echo your words "Yup, just over 3 months out and feeling pretty darn good!"

aussiegal, last thing I remember was being wheeled into OR and someone out of my line of sight saying they were going to give me something to help me "relax"'; next thing I knew I was in ICU - and it was two days later!

Valve repair March 1959
Valve replacement July 2006

It will be interesting to see if anyone had surgery before I did!

August 2005
Mitral valve repair
NY Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Karl Krieger

Repair

Repair

Hi everyone, I had my pulmonary valve repaired in 1963 at 6 months of age. I'm in the waiting room for a replacement. I think it will be in the next couple months. I'm 45 yr. old.:)

October 26, 1984

October 26, 1984

Bjork Shiley Aortic valve, and dacron graft

valve replacement

valve replacement

I had my aortic valve replaced on March 30th, 2007 one day before my birthday, it was with the St. Jude Mechanical 23mm. What a birthday gift.

Latest posts

Back