Surgery tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxximom

DARN I wrote this whole long post and when I clicked send..it didn't go through..so here I am again!!
My surgery is set tomorrow at 1pm at Duke. Had a long day at pre-op. Had a long talk with Dr Glower..the bottom lone (I'm tired and its late) If he has to do the Mitral Valve as well as the AVR and triple bypass..he will use a tissue valve for both..as per my request!! If the Mitral is border line..I will opt for no surgery and take the chance that it won't progress to fast and opt for port access on MI surgery 5 years or so down the line..I told him it was his call..he knows how I feel about getting mechanical valve. I didn't realize that they could use a tissue valve for the Mitral (stupid me)
It will probably be the Metronic Porcine for the AVR.
I want to thank everyone for their support, prayers and fountain of infomation..this forum and you people are the best. I want to wish all who have had surgery this week and will be having surgery before I get back on line a speedy recovery..I will have my husband on one of my kids post soon as they can get to a computer..see you when I get to the other side of the ,mountain!!
Joan

Three cheers, Joan!! We'll be waiting on the other side and know that many hands will help you across.

Peter

Will be thinking of you, Joan, and looking forward to hearing from you again. Wont it be lovely to have the waiting over.

You Go Girl!!

You Go Girl!!

Go get em Joan!! - We'll catch you after your valve job and look forward to another success and victory for the VR.com family!!

Good Luck, Joan!

Good Luck, Joan!

Joan,

I am sending you tons of positive thoughts and many prayers for a succesful surgery. I hope everything goes as you would want it to go. Please report in when you can. We'll be thinking about you and sending you happy thoughts!

Love,

Back