Surgery Monday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dear al,keep beleiving in life and it' ll get easier.ice cubes and foot massage to keep you rooted to the earth,then whatever helps you get thru your days and nights.a glass of red wine, some great music on disc,some funny short stories, a present from someone you love, (in my case a minnie mouse!!)some herbs like strong arnica for internal bruising, and some really luxuriant bath stuff that you'd never usually buy....d'y'know I may be being a bit girly here...get something you're going to look forward to, each day of your recovery;like treats, and treat yourself gently and with kindness, as if you were your own best friend.
loads of love debs xx;) ;)

For Scottie

For Scottie

A spirometer is that thing they make you blow into to see if you can get the little ball to go all the way to the top. The whole idea is to exercise your lungs so you won't get pneumonia after surgery. They even give it to you before surgery so you can practice.

Off to hospital

Off to hospital

I'm off! Rather than stay overnight in the hospital the night before surgery (which isn't until noon) they let me stay at home. I show up at the hospital 8 am. I slept a bit better than I thought - I didn't expect to sleep a wink!

Thanks to all for your support, encouragement, and the benefit of your experiences.

Alan

We'll all be here waiting to hear how things went. Hopefully, someone can let us know, because we worry and we care. I know you won't see this prior to surgery, but Bon Voyage and smooth sailing!

Talk to you later.

Thinking of you today:

Thinking of you today:

We are all sending our thoughts and prayers your way today and hoping to hear of your good success. God bless.

The anticipation of hearing about your surgery and recovery is always intense to me.

I'll be thinking and praying for you also.

See you on the otherside,
Ross

May God Be With You

May God Be With You

Allen:

Looking at your picture, I'd say we're about the same age. I'm 51 and survived getting the aortic replaced, three stroke, seven cardiac arrests, and now a pacemaker/defibrillator; and all since Sep 1999.

Through it all I've learned not to worry, let God take care of it, and the less you think of it, the better off you are. Rest assured you WILL be in my prayers and those of my church. Please don't worry for it does no good. The whole group is here to support you before and after. Rest assured they'll provide all you need and answer any questions you have.

May God be with you and do keep us posted on your progress.

RON P.

Back from Surgery

Back from Surgery

Thanks to all who offered their support.

I'm back from surgery, and will start a new thread in post-surgery forum

Alan

Back