Surgery for valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani's nana

I had my cardiac cath on the 19th. Pre-surgery visit is on March 8 and surgery is March 9. My original doctor was waiting for the aorta above the valve to reach at least a 4.5-5 but my cardiac cath showed my valve to be severe to critical. A mechanical valve will be put in place and the aorta will be looked at to make sure it is ok to leave. Dr Reynolds said the the aorta graft is a much bigger undertaking. I am looking forward to being able to breathe again. A little scared as my risk of stroke is higher because of my previous stroke.

Best of luck to you! I had a cardiac cath on the 18th, and my Pre-surgery consult is also on March 8th! Except I'm having a pulmonic valve replacement, and I don't have the surgery scheduled yet.

Hi Darla, so the plan is to leave your ascending aorta at 4.1cm and replace the valve only? All the best.

JulienDu, I guess I have not. I took all my medicines along and he told me to stop the plavix on 3/2 I will send a message to him.

Warwick, yes that is the plan unless he sees something more after he views the aorta.

I have to say my biggest concern is my previous stroke and the higher risk of having another.

Back