surgery day

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maisiejane

Hi all,
well here it is I am going in hospital tomorrow for my AVR, the actual surgery is on Wednesday, at the moment I am fit and well, no tooth ache no infections a bit of a cold threatened me on Saturday but I saw that sneaky little devil off so wish me luck and I will see you all soon :D
Deb xxx

Wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery, Deb.

We will be anxiously waiting to hear from you when you are able to post.

Good luck & Godspeed!

Deb,

I am thinking about you and wishing you all the good fortune with your upcoming surgery and recovery. Sincerely hoping you de well!
Hi all,
well here it is I am going in hospital tomorrow for my AVR, the actual surgery is on Wednesday, at the moment I am fit and well, no tooth ache no infections a bit of a cold threatened me on Saturday but I saw that sneaky little devil off so wish me luck and I will see you all soon :D
Deb xxx

At least for me the surgery really wasn't as bad as I expected. Although I have to admit, that I've done things that were more fun ;) Being fit and well before surgery will speed up recovery.

Stay optimistic, good luck and see you soon on the other side! Let us know when you're there.

Good luck Deb. Don't fret about anything. It will be over before you know it and you will be quickly on the road to recovery. Take it easy, you will be surprised at how good you will feel. Let us know as soon as possible how it went. I will say a prayer for you.

Hi Deb,

Best of luck to you with your AVR on Wed. I am also scheduled Wed for AVR. A crazy thing to have in common. I look forward to reading your post during your recovery.

Jim

Hi Deb,

Best of luck to you with your AVR on Wed. I am also scheduled Wed for AVR. A crazy thing to have in common. I look forward to reading your post during your recovery.

Jim

Good luck Jim, see you on the other side xxx

Hi Deb,

I'm coming up on four months post operative and all in all doing fin!. My only advice is to always follow the medicos directions. Most especially in getting up and walking as soon as they think it wise for you to do so. You'll be out partying before you know it. Take it slow; let your body direct you on the speed it needs to recover. :thumbup:

Best to you,

Joe

Deb, Jim, best of luck to both of you tomorrow. We'll all be thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery!

Just letting the forum know that Deb just contacted me to let me know, and to pass on to you all, that her surgery has been postponed yet again:( This time until tomorrow (6th Feb) as an urgent heart transplant case came in.

Poor Deb - so many cancellations, such a roller coaster emotionally for her…but she has a very positive attitude.

On a positive note - having your operation cancelled because someone needs the surgeon more than you is a good thing! :) (not to minimise her frustration . . .)

Back