Surgery date moved

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberdowski

I called my Surgeon on Friday to ask a few questions and was informed my his office assistant that my surgery date would have to be moved from Wednesday the 16th to Friday the 20th. Ahhhhhh

Sorry to hear of the extra wait - it is never easy. I am sure there was a good reason but that doesn't always matter once you have gotten used to a particular date.

It does give you some extra time with family and to go and do a few fun things just for you.

Take care.

sorry to hear this, but now and then one of our members has this happens. It is never pleasant to have to wait, once you are geared up already. Just hang in, it's coming anyway, just a bit farther down the road.

Hi Bob,

that happened to my mom twice now!! It is really frustrating but we are taking it one day at a time I guess all things happen for a reason.. if all goes well she will be having her surgery on Jan. 24th;)

I know it's disappointing the scheduling has changed. Once you get a date set in your mind you don't want changes.

But, if it makes you feel any better, it happens more often than we'd like.
I was in Cardiac ICU awaiting my emergency OHS and the nurses kept telling me that just because I was scheduled for Tuesday, it might not happen. They were preparing me for that just in case. Even when they actually came to get me to go to the OR, she still told me it was possible I could be brought back up and the surgery postponed.

Thankfully, that didn't happen and all was well.

I hope you have no further delays and that all goes smoothly for you.
Good Luck.

Back