Surgery complete

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberdowski

When into Robert Wood Jonhson Hospital Friday the 20th at 5am for mitiral valve repair and aortic valve replacement.It was a scary situation but it was a pair on valves that had given me troble for 40 years and I waited as long as i could comfortabally have the surgury with as little risk as possible The rhumatic heart disease did more damage that my Doctors had previously acticipated. I'm 57 but still chose the bovine valve because doing woodworking and motorcycle are my true loves. I'll deal with another surgery later on down the road but feel I made the correct choice for me. surgery started right on time 6:45 am and lasted 7 Hours The mitral could Not be repaired. I was told later on The heart was in an unusual position which made it a little more difficult for surgury So both valves have been replaced and that was on friday. Im sitting at my laptop on wed afternoon enjoying my new life Hurtin but feeling good. The people at Robert Wood Johnson are a tremendous group of people. I want to thank them, and all the others out there helping us to be able to live the next experiance with our wifes spouses children and grandchildren. Thanks everyone for your support Bob A

So happy to read your post, Bob!:) Sending you are best wishes for an uneventful recovery and many more happy and healthy years with your family.

Woohoo, Bob - congrats and it sounds like you're doing really well. Be sure you walk and breathe and nap so your recovery will continue as fast as possible.

Don't try to be heroic by not taking your painkillers - take them as scheduled before the pain gets bad - they'll work better that way and you'll breathe better and that's the key to this early recovery.

Welcome back.

Congratulations and welcome to your new life! I'm pretty sure you've been read the riot act before, but rest, breath, walk as much as you possibly can.

Great news. I hope the rest of your recovery is as uneventful. Sounds like you've got it all handled but don't try to do too much.

Stay off that motorcycle until you are well healed. I used to ride and I know the strength needed to "man-handle" those bikes.

Take care.

Congratulations!!! Now be a good patient and listen to doctor's orders. Give yourself time to heal.

Wow, Two Valve Replacements, One Was Quite Enough For Me!!! Please Take It Slow And Let Us Know How You Are Doing All The Best Rose

Bob,
I believe Tobagotwo had his surgery at the same hospital as you, and he also has good things to say about the facility.
I'm glad you've the surgery is behind you, and I'm sure you will soon be
feeling better.
Continued success on the road to recovery,
Mary

Is that Round Valley or Spruce Run in the avatar photo? This spring, you can go back to it.

Roll with it, my friend. It's great to see you posting. Hope you're keeping your feet up while you do.

Movement is important. But when you're not exercising, keep your feet up.

When you're feeling better, take walks into town. It gives you a destination, and a place to stop and rest, if you need it. Bathrooms. Refreshments. And someplace to come home from.

Congratulations.

Very best wishes,

Excellent news Bob...2 new valves wow!

I am sure you will enjoy a healthier YOU and your family too.

I wont give you the lecture either :rolleyes: ...the others beat me to it!...lol

Instead I say enjoy your rest-time in the hospital :D

Congratts.....

Congratts.....

Bob,

great to hear of your recovery. I am very happy for you. Please keep us posted along the way.

George

Bob,
I had my surgery a couple days before you and Im happy, like you, to have it behind me. I arrived home tuesday of this week and have thoroughly enjoyed being out of the hospital and having some more space. Like the others have said, walk, rest & breathe...I have found that I get tired midday so I lay down for a short nap every afternoon. So far my recovery has been very uneventful and I wish the same for yours. Be well...

Deane

Latest posts

Back