Surgery - 7th January 2002

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Peachy

Hi everyone

I got a surprise in the post this morning. A letter from the hospital with my surgery date. 7th January 2002. I've to go in on 4th January for my pre-op tests, then be admitted on Sunday 6th January (my birthday of all days). They haven't specifically said when my surgery will be but I'm assuming it will be the next day on Monday 7th January as the surgeon mentioned before that he does his surgery on Mondays. I'm due to go back to work on this date so I guess I will have to contact the office and let them know that they won't see me for around 3 months. I'm a bit scared but I am looking forward to getting it over and hopefully this will be a great year and I will soon be able to get back to leading an active life again.

Peachy

Hi Peachy. I'm fairly new here but want to wish you all the best with your surgery on the 7th. It is a bit heart-stopping when you actually get your dates - I was very weepy the first two days after I got mine. (I'm scheduled for February 7 or 8 for mitral valve repair).

There are a number of members here having surgery in the first week of January. As I said to Jan, what a great way to start a new year because it can only get better as the year goes along.

I'll add my prayers for you with all the rest here.

Jennifer O.

Hi Peachy,

Congratulations on getting a date! So soon! Weren't you supposed to have it done in the spring? My first thought when I got my date (which I ended up having a few of them) was"WoW! It's finally going to happen" Then I got dry mouthed and a lump in my throat. Then as I had told JenniferO, I just put my faith in God. I hadn't found this forum before surgery so I didn't have anyone I can relate to like many on this forum were able to. This forum is a blessing. I will add you in my prayers. I wish you the best of luck! You'll be feeling better before you know it! Watch out for the sneezes during recuperation! Take care!

Latest posts

Back