Surgery #2 over

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csutherland

Jerry's surgery (pericardial window) lasted just under an hour today. He did fine, and the surgeon says it was bloody fluid gathered in the percardial sac. He believes this was caused by his blood being too thin at some point since the AVR. They will test the fluid as well as a biopsy of the pericardium itself to be sure. As mentioned before, he will be staying in the hospital for 5 more days until the drain tube is out. It's about 1/2" tubing and has quite a bit of bloody stuff in it.

He's doing great and insisted that I come home for the night.

The oncologist, who had no official part in this heart thing but was neverless Jerry's advocate in getting something done, came by to see him late this afternoon. He had personally talked to the cardio and the surgeon to get the scoop. Thank God for him!

Thanks again for your concern & prayers.

Bless your heart. So sorry you both had this to go through again so soon. I am sure you are very tired and stressed tonight, but feel better because this part is over and done. You have had a long row to hoe, but sounds like you are hangin and doing ok. I, too, add thanks to Jerry's oncologist's running interference. God bless

Celia-

It looks as if Jerry is on his way to recovery now. You both must be very relieved to have this behind you. You're brave people.

The oncologist is one fine man. He has the dedication of a true doctor. He stayed committed to Jerry and really helped him when the chips were down. Thank God for him.

Take care, now maybe you can get some rest.

While this might not sound "Correct", I'm very happy to hear that the window is done. I'll still hold the both of you in my prayers and hope that his stay is short, in the hospital. I'm sure your relieved somewhat as well. Get some much needed rest.

Latest posts

Back