Supplements

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbrn

How many of you take supplements on a regular basis? If so do you think they are making a difference>

I take 2,000 mg of Vit D3. I was able to raise my vit D level from 11 to 50.

Someone suggested supplementing with D-ribose. I was able to find a few studies on pubmed, but I have never heard of it before.

Debbie

Before I tell you what I take, I spent hours perusing their site and eventually bought their book: http://examine.com/

No, this is not an advertisement, but rather something that might help bring more awareness out to those that like to pop random vitamins/supps which do nothing.

Thank you for your response. I am not one that generally takes supplements. I definitely want evidence based research before I start taking supplements. The website is great. I looked at the info on vit D and Omega 3 fatty acids. i have looked at many of the research articles on pubmed and come up with similar conclusions that the website did.

Debbie

I take vitamin D3, equivalent to 1,800 IU per day, and I get my vitamin D levels checked every six months - the D3 is actually on prescrition - my level of D last measured was 51 ng/dl (129 nmol/L). I take omega-3 which is prescribed as Omacor, 2g per day, and I take vitamin K2 as MK-7 200 mcg per day (note the 2 as K2 is very different to K1 !). Vitamin K2 helps put calcium in the bones rather than in the arteries - lot of research currently going on about that. I take the K2 with the approval of my endocrinologist. I also take Coenzmye Q10, 200 mg per day, with doc's approval too.

Last edited:
Before I tell you what I take, I spent hours perusing their site and eventually bought their book: http://examine.com/

No, this is not an advertisement, but rather something that might help bring more awareness out to those that like to pop random vitamins/supps which do nothing.

Great link! No affiliation to supplement companies and very well supported by the latest research results.

Latest posts

Back