Strong pulse on right side of chest, comes and goes...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ged1975

This is difficult to describe but I think the best description is a strong pulse on the right side of my chest. Sometimes we all get this pulsing feeling in different parts of our bodies, for me it's happens between the thumb and index finger or under the eyelids.

Anyway I woke up during the night with a strong pulse on the right side of my chest, first thought was "hold on one second there's no heart on that side of my chest" :), it comes and goes, just wondering if I should be concerned?

I'm still waiting for surgery as the hospital are only doing urgent cases at the moment, I'm in the "elective" group but I had a ct scan a few weeks ago which showed I only need the aortic valve replacement, nothing else, just slight dilation of the aorta.

I'm not too concerned about these symptoms, I have no pain and no shortness of breath and i'm sure it'll be gone by the end of the day. Just posting out of curiousity really, maybe somebody might know what it is.

The best thing I can tell you is to call your doctor. Maybe he'll strap a holter moniter on you for a couple of days? I hope everything goes ok for you.

Wishing you the best of luck, and God Bless

The best thing I can tell you is to call your doctor. Maybe he'll strap a holter moniter on you for a couple of days? I hope everything goes ok for you.

Wishing you the best of luck, and God Bless

All gone now, thanks for the best wishes. I felt so good for the rest of the dat I even got on the exercise bike for 20mins and did 20 press ups for the first time in months.

It's amazing how you can interpret harmless symptoms into something big and get yourself into a state of panic.

All gone now, thanks for the best wishes. I felt so good for the rest of the dat I even got on the exercise bike for 20mins and did 20 press ups for the first time in months.

It's amazing how you can interpret harmless symptoms into something big and get yourself into a state of panic.

For what we go through? Hey if we aren't in tune to something that's changed, even if it's nothing, then we need to sit back and reevaluate where we've been. ;)

Latest posts

Back