Stroke Machine?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW Bill I'm a he not a she. : ) I don't care what anyone says I still watch car chases to watch destruction at all levels. LOL but seriously my above comment wasn't directed to anyone on this thread, if anyone took offense I'm sorry, I was just commenting on humanity in general. Technically if I was talking about humanity then that means I was actually referring to everyone on this thread LOL muhahaha!
I should have left it s/he? :)

There are a lot of things you can do to lower your risk of stroke, such as: quit smoking (if you smoke), eat healthy, nutritious foods, exercise regularly and consistently, keep your weight down, reduce salt intake, keep the cholesterol level down, avoid fatty & fried foods, etc. Are you doing these things to reduce your risk of stroke?

I envy those who indicate that their OHS went pretty smooth and was not as hard as they thought it would be. After nearly dying from OHS it is going to be hard to convince me that repeat OHS is preferable to taking and managing Coumadin to reduce the risk of stroke.

Dude.....You were implanted with an On-X AV. Have you not been following the PROACT study?! For 3 months post surgery, after my ON-X AV implant, I was stuck between a range of 1.6 to 1.9 as my INR. Never did I experience any signs or symptoms of Stroke! Go with confidence that this carbon beauty will serve you better then you expect.

My surgeon said that many people don't take warfarin for long periods of time for various reasons and most are ok at a lower INR with the newer valves. However, he said id be mad to stay under 2.00 for a long period of time just incase.. People on this site, such as Dick have only hsd problems when they stopped taking warfarin for a while. Many people also don't comply with their INR management. If you can take your warfarin at the same time everyday, keep vit k constant, moderate alcohol then the chances seem very low, especially with an on x valve. Plus you are young so this lowers the chances even more!

Back