Strange sensation in chest

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kschul

Hello everyone,

I'm doing very well nine weeks post-op. I have noticed since surgery when I breathe in deeply at the end of the breath I can feel a strange lub, dub sensation in middle of my chest. I am assuming this is the sternum still healing. Any thoughts? Just curious, I am not worried it's improving and I only feel it when I inhale deeply.

kris

Probably nothing to be concerned about:confused:. We all look for the "uh-oh, something is not right symptons" ever so often:eek:. If it continues to trouble you, ask your doctor. In the meantime, try not to inhale deeeeply:).

It seems that most of us after surgery have some weird symptoms. Some can be explained and some make our doctors scratch their heads. I'm not sure what the cause of your sternal sensation. One can venture a guess that your normal heart beat (as the pressure inside the chest increase with inspiration), becoming more pronounced, or the sternal region in a healing phase, or perhaps a PVC that you can feel. I dont think it can ever hurt to ask the cardiologist the significance of these symptoms

Like when you take a deep breath, you feel a loud thump? Now I had that and ran to the doctor he said it was normal, and glad I did have it so not sure what that means.

Back