Still some pain!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryG

Thought I would ask! :eek: I will be 6 months out on the 23rd and doing pretty well, except for continued chest pain that is sharp muscle pain and dull pain, not all the time but sharp pains a couple of times a day usually when I turn my upper torso, as far as the dull pain usually when I laugh, sneeze or turning in bed (enough pain that it wakes me up) Any other thoughts and are you folks going through the same issues?

Harry, I am seven months outs and I still experience sharp pains in my sternum area once in a while. It's still hard for me to come straight up out of bed from laying flat. I have to roll over on my side and then come up. From what I read on this forum, this all is very common. I try my best not to sneeze because that really smarts, but sometimes it sneaks up on me. LOL

I also still find that I get awful tired, of course that could be my leukemia that's causing that.

I hope you get feeling better.

Yes, I've been fighting with it for some time. I feel it's something structural in my shoulder/shoulder blade that is irritating the rib muscles, but I can't prove it, and the docs can't find it. Truly frustrating.

Pain

Pain

Harry:
It will be the one year mark for me on Friday and when I breath in deep I still feel pain where the incision is. They didn't break my sternum, they did a repair on my mitral valve by cracking my right side of my ribs to open them up wide enough to get to the valve so alot of nerves were affected by this process. To date, I have not recovered 100% feeling on my right side of my chest. It is a weird feeling but my doc said it could take a year or so to get all the feeling back since nerves were cut. At six months post op I also felt pains, not sharp though, so you may want to run that by your doc to play it safe. Hang in there.
Dawn

Back