stents

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

My friend, Dr Richard Fogoros, over in About.com - heart disease/cardiology just posted this. So, for your information:

General - DrRich - full disclosure Subscribe
To: ALL (1 of 3)

All,

As of February 1, I will become consulting Medical Advisor for Guidant Corporation's R&D unit. Guidant makes pacemakers and implantable defibrillators, as well as stents, and (if I have anything to say about it) will be branching into all sorts of other new areas hinted at by the term "implantable computers."

This new position will NOT affect my work here - I'll continue with the Heart Disease site and this forum as always, and you shouldn't notice any change.

I'm making this "announcement" just so you will know. I will do everything in my power to remain objective and unbiased when discussing these things - and will even continue bringing you the news on Guidant-unfriendly topics like drug-coated stents (which, since Guidant doesn't have any that are anywere near ready for market, will hit Guidant's business hard, because once they're available I can't think of a reason why anyone who needs a stent shouldn't get a drug-coated stent.)

Nonetheless, you deserve to know of my new affiliation so you can interpret my comments accordingly.

DrRich

Options Reply

To: heartdisease.guide (ab_heartdise) unread (2 of 3)

1882.2 in reply to 1882.1

Congrates!!! I can't think of a better Doctor to have as a consulting Medical Advisor for Guidant Corporation's R&D unit. We need more Doctors that care enough to listen to the patient involved in the development of the products to help us survive!!

Options Reply

To: SANDY0329 unread (3 of 3)

1882.3 in reply to 1882.2

This sounds like great news to me. Since we already know you, it is heartening to know that you will be giving your expertise to the coated stents. There has been much discussion about these in VR.com and maybe they can come ask questions? Glad you are on board with them.

I have a young niece who just had a stent inserted, but don't know if it was coated. Seems logical that this is what they should use these days, doesn't it?

Options Reply Delete Edit

Latest posts

Back