SS Doc unaware...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zipper

Just FYI..

I saw a cardiologist today that does evaluaions for SSDI. I explained that I home tested and he was full of questions!

I wonder how many Doc's are totally unaware of home testing...no wonder alot of insurances still do not cover it.

This appears to be an area that needs work in the medical field. This was a San Francisco cardiologist...hardly an 'out of the loop' small town. He works out of a large medical center.

QAS..???..how wide spread is your promotions???? I should think reaching medical centers, large cardiology groups, etc. would be every bit as important as us (the patient) so more Doc's would approve of home testing!

I was so surprised to realize this!

Zipper

Hi There!
Everytime I mention home testing to any of my docs, they look at me with a look that says "why would you want to do that?" I don't know if they fear loss of some income or they just are not familiar at all with home testing. I fail to understand why we are essentially any different than diabetics that also home test.

Not all in opposition

Not all in opposition

My cardio is totally in favor of home testing and was very helpful in filling out my paperwork. Its still not totally approved, but we're making progress. My guess is that a lot of docs simply haven't thought about it much. Once, they do, especially if the patient is a good candidate, then I'm guessing they'll support it.

ProTime monitor

ProTime monitor

Zipper,

QAS does mailings several times a year to physicians that we have in our database in regards to the ProTime.

ITC (the manufacturer) does mailings to physicians as well. They also send their reps into the hospitals to do an in-service and show them how it works.

If your doctor is interested in more information I would be glad to talk to him or mail him some literature. Either have him call me at 1-800-298-4515, x2616 or give me his phone number and I will contact him and see how I can help him.

Usually when a patient gets their monitor and takes it into their doctor to show him that they can get a result from their machine it usually peaks interest in the physicians office

Michele

Michele

Thanks for that info Michele...maybe these Doc's don't read what you send:confused:

I own the Protime and do home test..My Cardiologist approves. This Doc I went to does evaluations for SSDI, so it was a one time visit for me. Since Medicare has approved payment of Protime now, I was just surprised that a Doc doing these eval's didn't have a clue about home testing. Maybe SSDI/Medicare needs to get the word out to their Doc's ?? I'm not on Medicare yet, but when I get there I'll make sure they pay for my supplies (and updates ? if needed).

My Blue Shield of Ca..PPO denied my claim last year so I had to pay out of pocket for the unit and now pay for supplies.

Thanks again..I'm very pleased with the services of QAS.

Zipper

Zipper when I went to have my case re-evaluation at the Social Security ordered site, the Doctor I had seemed to be quite a quack. I almost think they hired him off the street and put a name badge on him. I don't even recall him touching me with the stethoscope. The only thing that remotely resembled reality was the X-Ray's, everything else was a joke.

LOL Ross...I agree ! The 1st SSDI Doc I saw a couple of months ago (an Internist..?) had the 'shakes' so bad he could hardly take my pulse...took my B/P with my long sleeve jacket still on..didn't detect the presence of my valve...oh..it was a nightmare of a place and exam. He did resemble someone related to those hanging out on the streets around the building. Terrible neighborhood...Upon leaving I had my cell phone in one hand and pepper spray in the other....Hahaha..No wonder I'm hypertensive!

I'd bet I'm going to be denied, and will not wonder why!!! This weeks appt. was in a better neighborhood and at least I wasn't afraid to sit on their office furniture.

All this sure tells us alot about the SS system, doesn't it!!!!! My COBRA costs $563.00 a month..yikes..but maybe I'd be best off to just stay with it until I have to go on Medicare...I don't know...they've really got my head spinning!

Zip:( :rolleyes:

I do hope you have a lawyer that specializes in Social Security Disability. If you don't, get one. Any fee they get has to be approved by SS and comes out of your back benefits. The important thing is to get the ball rolling because they use the date as a basis for when medicare will start. Unfortunately, medicare itself is expensive with everything you have to pay. That's why I'm in a medicare HMO. More benefits and less cost.

I had to call my attorney (He laughed!) after I had that little visit at the SSD physical center to tell him about what a joke the place was. My Pulmonary function test was done on a machine that resembled a credit card terminal with the operator programming what values I should have. You could tell that this person hadn't a clue as to what she was doing. She had to read a manual to do it. I was later sent to a local hospital to have an evalution and PFT done (DLCO) because the quack couldn't determine my level of impairment.

If you have questions, just email or PM me. ;)

Thanks Ross....You are always so helpful. I don't have any attorney working on this or my workmans comp..I guess I'm waiting to see what reports, results and decisons are presented to me.

My son-in-law is a criminal attorney...I should use him 'cause these exams are criminal..LOLFOF. Seriously, He's not versed in any of this, understandably. I will be hollerin' at ya if I receive bad offers, as I'm sure I'll need some pointing in the right direction. Thanks..you're a sweetie!

Zip:)

Latest posts

Back