slight left ventrical enlargement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esvaja

Hello,
It's been nearly 2 years since my valve replacement surgery, I did have have 1 set back eary on with pericardial effusion. it was fixed. However the latest TEE showed
that I have a slight ventrical enlargement. Has any one found this to be typical or a worrysome symptom? Thanks for any imput.
esvaja

Hello Esvaja,

I`ve got a similar problem but on the right side. I`ve had a enlarged right atrium and moderate to severe reduced diolostic function for 22 years, and only recently has it progressed due to severe tricuspid regurgitation, but had a redo tricuspid valve replacement 4 months ago. My last echo 2 months ago showed my right atrium is enlarged by 7cm and now my right ventricle is enlarged. Basically,my heart has managed very well for over 2 decades with an enlarged right atrium,and I`ve led a completely normal active life(apart from the surgeries). Only my recent failed tricuspid valve and chronic A fib and SVTs has caused the right side of my heart to enlarge further. But I now have a new valve and in sinus rhythm,so I`m hoping the the right side will reduce in size as the heart remodels over time.

Only your cardio knows you best, but if your left ventricle is mildy enlarged it may not be serious. Ventricles can go back to normal or near normal size with some people. good luck,hope you get sorted.

Lee

Latest posts

Back