slight chest pain and tenderness in SPAIN

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coryp

hELLO aLL,

I am in Spain on holiday and have recently found that I have started to experience slight tenderness (location is at the end of the sternum and incision about 1 inch to the left) size is about a thumb print. I am 6 months post BAV and aneurysm removal, and I have experienced slight soreness but not for this long. Thought it might be heart burn but it is quite a small area. It was bothering me yesterday and it felt better when RUBBED it with my thumb so I did but maybe I rubbed it too much and that is why it is so sensitive today??

Any thoughts or ideas! I cannot recall if I had this type of discomfort presurgery. Any thoughts at the location or issue would help put my mind to rest or cause me to look further into it.

Hopefully it is nothing.

thank you

Me too

Me too

I had my AVR aorta stem repair in early August, and started experiencing some of what you describe about a month ago. For the most part it seems to be going away on it's own accord. I bet your's will too.

Dennis S said:
I had my AVR aorta stem repair in early August, and started experiencing some of what you describe about a month ago. For the most part it seems to be going away on it's own accord. I bet your's will too.

Dennis,

Anything will help right now, thank you. I had mine in June.

Can you describe it a little more (the feeling) and what about how long it lasts etc etc. Did you go the the Dr about it?

thx

Hi,

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

The tenderness has persisted and I want to see if everyone thinks that it could be too much excitement (drinking and limited sleep) maybe my body is telling me something :eek: in fact I hope so

I thought it was supposed to be "rain in Spain" not "pain in Spain"?????:D :D

About one inch from where my drain tubes came out is a small scar that was either made by a clamp or maybe a stitch for the drain tube. I don't recall any specific pain from that location.

Other than that, I can't offer any medical causes. When my Cardio said to immediately call if I had pain I asked him what should I be concerned about. He said any sudden SHARP pain or discomfort should be called in. A DULL ache SHOULD be no cause for alarm unless it became more uncomfortable or lasted for several days. I ain't no Doctor though, just what I was told in my case.

I hope you can enjoy your vacation.

May God Bless,

Danny

Cory

Cory

I thinking it is the running thru airports, lifting heavy luggage, ect.opening cab doors..anything....Remember..it takes a long time for your sternum to heal.. at least 6 months.... and most people say 1 year...Enjoy your vacation..but don't lift too much.:D ....I will be 4 years in March .but felt the pain after pushing Granddaughter in her strollar a few days ago..for several hours.the next day..I think it was how I was bending over..:eek: ...Bonnie

That's a tough one, Cory.

Does it have any relation to your breathing, or feel like it's in your lung? Or does it feel muscular? Or more bruise-like?

If it feels internal, it could be a non-visible bruise, maybe from leaning on a fence or similar obstacle while looking at sights, or carrying gear, such as a camera which may have been pressing or bumping on that area. Even leaning on a car door while talking. I have had times when I felt bruised, but couldn't figure out why until my wife reminded me where I might have hurt myself. Of course, she may have been beating me with a baseball bat in my sleep, but I suppose I'll never know.

It could be a minor, internal muscle pull. Bonny makes a good point about the suitcases while travelling.

It could be a hiatal hernia, which is a fairly common complaint, but you'd also be likely to have heartburn aggravation from that, probably especially when you lie down or lean forward. Most cases of HH don't require surgery, by the way.

It could be some vestigial pain from the surgery, as Dennis seemed to experience. Perhaps caused by a nerve reconnecting late in the game.

You don't seem to be saying that it's sharp pain, or that it's particularly noticeable unless you touch it or perhaps somehow move wrong.

My gut feel is that if it were me, I wouldn't give my precious time in Spain over to worry. If it continued after I got home, or suddenly changed its symptoms, I'd drop by the doctor's office to see what he thinks.

Just my opinion, but not based on enough information to be of real value.

Best wishes,

thank you all.

The pain does appear when I move or touch the specific location more like a bruise.

I´ll pay attention to it and if it persists when I get back, have it checked out-

The only real other issue I have had is ever incresing strong hear beats (almost always at night and they continue to get stronger) almost always when I am laying down.

thx

Latest posts

Back