Six Months & Vail Pass

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip B

While I never have considered myself a fitness junkie, I have seriously pursued an active lifestyle following AVR surgery?

I?ve done a lot of bicycling (both mtb and road) during the summer. On Sunday, August 26th, I decided to celebrate being six months post-op by riding my road bike up the west side of Vail Pass.

The road up the pass begins at an elevation of 8,500 in Vail Village and tops out at around 10,600 feet. It is pretty much a 8-9 mile continuous climb. On the reverse, the descent promised to be speedy and exhilarating.

The climb to the top of the pass took almost two hours (thank God I had the good sense to buy a road bike with granny gears), but I made it. I also managed to make the quick trip back to the valley floor without any mishaps.

After I returned to my vehicle at the trailhead I called my wife to let her know about my six month anniversary triumph. While she was elated about my accomplishment she was somewhat confused about my math. By her count, March 28th to August 26th is two days short of five months not six. She?s now wondering what I will do to celebrate when my six month anniversary really does roll around?so am I.

-Philip

Congratulations, Philip- sounds like a beautiful ride- so glad you were able to make it- can't imagine what feat you will accomplish at 1 year!

Great to see you are doing so well, Philip. Congrats on the accomplishment. Hey, maybe we need to organize a VR.com bike tour...

Latest posts

Back