Sight Seeing Juneau Alaska anybody?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geckley

Ok so I am scratching another 2 items off of my bucket list this summer.:rolleyes: I need some input from you guys in the Northwest. I'm going to go bear hunting in Juneau Alaska this summer. I will spending a total of 2 1/2 days in Seattle. and a 2 1/2 days in Juneau. So other than shooing Russians back to Russia what is there to do in the Juneau area? I can't go on a boat tour of the glaciers, they won't let us take mini me on the boats cos he's too young. Yeah Yeah I'm taking the wife and baby to Alaska to go bear hunting. I'm an insensitive bastard I know.:D Can I just get some help here.

So in Seattle, Pike's Place the Needle thingy are on our list. We want to drive out to the coast whats the best beach for a sunset, Do they have those there? What are the chances if I go to a Starbuck's in Seattle they'll get my Venti Caramel Machiatto right the first time?:cool:

Ok so I am scratching another 2 items off of my bucket list this summer.:rolleyes: I need some input from you guys in the Northwest. I'm going to go bear hunting in Juneau Alaska this summer. I will spending a total of 2 1/2 days in Seattle. and a 2 1/2 days in Juneau. So other than shooing Russians back to Russia what is there to do in the Juneau area? I can't go on a boat tour of the glaciers, they won't let us take mini me on the boats cos he's too young. Yeah Yeah I'm taking the wife and baby to Alaska to go bear hunting. I'm an insensitive bastard I know.:D Can I just get some help here.

So in Seattle, Pike's Place the Needle thingy are on our list. We want to drive out to the coast whats the best beach for a sunset, Do they have those there? What are the chances if I go to a Starbuck's in Seattle they'll get my Venti Caramel Machiatto right the first time?:cool:

Check out my Alaska pictures that I took when we went to Alaska last spring. It's beautiful country, you won't get tired or bored of any of the scenery, believe me!

In Juneau is the Juneau Glacier Park. Interesting & beautiful place. I think I liked Juneau the best of all the ports we visited.

Have fun & be careful if you see any bear poop with whistles & bells in it!!
:D

Click on album = 53 below.

Seatte. Don't miss the Olympic Sculpture Park. New and amazing!! A perfect out of doors walk through wonderfully chosen large sculptures. http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/visit/osp/ or

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sculpturepark/

You can then go eat on the small "Fisherman's Wharf" and watch the sunset over the Sound. To get to the "coast" is not really feasible from Seattle, I don't think. Way too rugged and far. Some wonderful day trips to islands surrounding, the San Juans. Ferry rides.

It's late. I'll think of some more tomorrow. Been to Juneau but it was part of a cruise. We stopped in 3 cities and I need to think and remember which city had what. Lots of excursions. One was a raft trip through glacial river with eagles soaring everywhere. Amazing. How old is your child?

:) Marguerite

Other interesting things to do while in Juneau:

1.) The Best of Juneau - Trolley or bus ride thru the town of Juneau

2.) Rainforest Garden Adventure Tour - Tour of beautiful gardens & panoramic views of the Mendahall Valley. Tour is conducted in covered golf carts.

3.) Original Alaska Salmon Bake Tour - Enjoy wild Alaskan Salmon BBQ'd in an open alder wood pit. Also BBQ chicken, ribs, salads, & all sorts of goodies. Buses transport you to the bake. Beautiful ride!

4.) And then of course, there are the endless shops accessible by walking or bus rides, or horse drawn buggies.

Note: There are many, many tours available; I just centered on the ones that would be easier to go to with a small child.

Thank you The baby did stop some of the plans . But I think we'll all have fun.
I'm looking for good all weather camera bags for all of that equipment.

Back