Side effects

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thankful@43

Hello, my question is this. Does anyone know if common med's for cardio patients can result in small blister like spots on the skin on their palms and soles of the feet. I get most of med's at wally-world & sometimes the generics come from different manufacturers. Any connection? My skin spots come on like small pimples & look as if there is puss in there. They become sensative to the touch after manifesting for a few days and then they turn dark , like a blood blister when you get pinched, and eventually reabsorbed. Then a few days later more will appear in a new location. I have tried OTC skin remedies and stopped taking herbal supplements all to no availe. If anyone else out there has or had a similar issue please share with me what can be done. I have asked my family Dr., my Cardio Dr., my coumadin clinic pharmacist about these spots and none of them seem to be of any help. Thank you, Al.

maybe a dermatologist could help you. There are so many little skin problems it could be. They'll take a very close look at it and give you the best info. and help.

Forgot to mention that I broke out in something like what you described when I was put on Prilosec. It was a reaction to that medication. The dermatologist diagnosed it right away, and gave me some cream for it. I had to go off Prilosec.

Mine was terribly itchy. Even the bottoms of my feet were affected.

It did go away.

A friend of mine had something similar recently. I had to email her to get the name, but they diagnosed her with dyshidrotic eczema. They said she could take Benadryl for the itching and also gave her a steroid cream. Her dermatologist said the cause is unknown, but it is probably some type of allergic reaction and could be something in the air because he sees more of this in the spring. He told her to cut back on hand washing and not use any of the antibacterial hand stuff as this could irritate it.

She had diagnosed herself with hand, foot & mouth disease from her internet research. The doctor laughed and told her this is fairly rare and mostly in young children as it's caused from poor hygiene (bad wiping and hand washing).

I agree with your friend...in fact I wrote my reply then read you last comment that your friend suggested foot and mouth...its not poor hygeine, its a virus...its also not really rare...common in preschools and elementary schools etc...I remember this from when my kids had it.

I wonder if you have little kids around or been near them...this sounds more like "5th disease" which is the Human version of "foot & mouth"...harmless little virus....

As a mom whose kids both had Fifth Disease and a former elementary school teacher who observed (and diagnosed) it several times, I can tell you that Fifth Disease doesn't cause blisters. It causes a rash, particularly on the cheeks, and is also known as Slapped Cheek Syndrome. It's also more common in children, and generally presents as a cold in adults. By the time the rash shows up, the person is no longer contagious. It can be dangerous to pregnant women and people with blood disorders.

To clarify, Coxsackie is a virus that lives in the digestive system. Sometimes it gets out of control and results in hand, foot, and mouth disease. It is primarily seen in kids 6 months to 3 years and rarely in people over 10. Since my friend is over 10, and is never around young children, it would be considered rare for her to have it. It is spread by contact with saliva, mucus, or feces of an infected person. The blisters are more painful than itchy. I found all of this out from the internet when my friend told me that she thought she had it. I told her that she really didn't seem to fit the profile or the symptoms, but she was set on it.

Hello, my question is this. Does anyone know if common med's for cardio patients can result in small blister like spots on the skin on their palms and soles of the feet. I get most of med's at wally-world & sometimes the generics come from different manufacturers. Any connection? My skin spots come on like small pimples & look as if there is puss in there. They become sensative to the touch after manifesting for a few days and then they turn dark , like a blood blister when you get pinched, and eventually reabsorbed. Then a few days later more will appear in a new location. I have tried OTC skin remedies and stopped taking herbal supplements all to no availe. If anyone else out there has or had a similar issue please share with me what can be done. I have asked my family Dr., my Cardio Dr., my coumadin clinic pharmacist about these spots and none of them seem to be of any help. Thank you, Al.

BREAKouts in those areas indicate allergic reaction to something - often penicillin. so go check it out. also read up on all your meds via the net and check out side effects.

Thank you all, yes I do have school age children still @ home. Also as a nearly new stay at home Dad I pick up our kids @ school and have been washing the dishes with an anti-bacterial type of soap. All of the sugsetions given me sound like the right way to go. I've looked on the web a little about my meds but thus far haven't found the answer. Thanks again to everyone.

Latest posts

Back