Should I be more concerned? Help!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I don't know who you are, but I saw that you are getting short of breath and dizzy spells and your internist says that is not related to your heart problems, he or she is not cardiologist and doesn't know what they are talking about. This is urgent and you cannot wait till the 19th of February for an appointment. I had the same exact symptoms that you have stated and I have had open heart surgery as a result of all these symptoms being related to my heart having trouble. My head used to pound, it felt like my head was throbbing. I used to get short of breath with the most minimal exertion. I used to feel those panic attacks you mentioned, dizzy spells, heart racing or pounding. You are not getting enough oxygen/ blood to your brain that is why you feel dizzy. What you need is an ultrasound, and better yet a heart catherization ASAP.

Oh my goodness, your poor thing, I reread your post and noticed that you feel like your limbs are heavy. You need an urgent evaluation. This is definitely related to your valve, it is causing an insufficency in your circulation, your getting dizzy and short of breath. Our blood transports oxygen to our organs such as our lungs, brain, etc. And your limbs feeling heavy, I have been there too. I used to get chest pains as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they did bloodwork on you, and they found you were slightly anemic, because I was too and that is a sure sign of not having enough oxygen. I hope you have a very close relative that can advocate for your health and be your mouthpiece as you find your answers during this tough time. You don't need this stress. Don't get scared but take action.

Back