Setting date for ankle surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bvdr

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I'm sitting here looking at my calander and trying to pick a date for yet another orthopedic surgery. This one is to have the subtalar joint fused, a bone graft and pins inserted. I was hoping I could have a tendon transfer or something that would heal within a few months period of time. However, the subtalar arthritis is so far advanced that my options are very limited. I'm OK but the whole idea is going to take a while to adjust to. Oh well.

This is the same leg as my knee surgery this fall and my broken foot last fall.

I'm sitting here looking at my calander and trying to pick a date for yet another orthopedic surgery. This one is to have the subtalar joint fused, a bone graft and pins inserted. I was hoping I could have a tendon transfer or something that would heal within a few months period of time. However, the subtalar arthritis is so far advanced that my options are very limited. I'm OK but the whole idea is going to take a while to adjust to. Oh well.

This is the same leg as my knee surgery this fall and my broken foot last fall.

Betty,
I hate that you will have to undergo another surgery, but speaking as one who saw you in action less than two weeks after knee surgery, I know you will do well.:) You might not be able to follow Wise on another hike to the pancake house;), but I bet you will recover quicker than most others--including myself!:p
Let us know when you schedule the date.
Hugs,
Mary

Betty, I hate that you have to 'do it again'. Hope & pray they can do it really well so it all holds. you are gonna be a pinchusion! Wishing you well. please keep us in your loop.

Betty ~ I'm sorry that you have to have another surgery. I hope all goes well and that you have a quick recovery.

Best wishes,

Dawn-Marie

Chris is going for his 10th surgery December 9th. Yours is pretty extensive, so plan it when you can take a couple months to relax. You won['t be off it that long, but it's definately going to take a while to heal properly. Who's doing your surgery? Chris's Doc left Akron and is now in Boston somewhere. Chris has a new, young Doc that really knows his stuff too.

Chris is going for his 10th surgery December 9th. Yours is pretty extensive, so plan it when you can take a couple months to relax. You won['t be off it that long, but it's definately going to take a while to heal properly. Who's doing your surgery? Chris's Doc left Akron and is now in Boston somewhere. Chris has a new, young Doc that really knows his stuff too.

Thanks everyone. Dr. Strom here at First Health of the Carolinas. His specialty is feet and ankles. His name is recognized by many in the field as he came up with the grading scale for severity for PTTD. The scale carries his name. As it turns out he won't be working on the tendon but by fusing the ankle joint most of the work of the post tibial tendon will be eliminated. Arthritis sure messes up a lot of stuff. I'll call in the morning to set the date.

I really feel for Chris. Has his function inproved any? I feel for you too, Ross. I hope it is gout. EXcept they used to call it the Rich Man's disease and I think someone put your name in the wrong hat. I know how painful it is. So much so that the weight of a lightweight sheet can be intolerable. You family stays in my prayers.

Chris is going to pain management and getting all those nice addictive drugs to deal with pain. He's getting around with the help of an orthotic and arm crutch. Actually considering, he's getting around well. I just worry about all the meds they have given him.

So sorry to read this Betty and I echo everyone else's wishes for a speedy recovery.

Latest posts

Back