Sending prayers to our Melbourne members

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Aussie girl... I got an email today with all of those pics and the one that really got me was the one that looked like a winter snow-scape (bare dark trunks against a white background), until I scrolled down further and saw the burnt-out hulk of a ute sitting amongst the ashes. It sent a shiver down my spine.

Apparently they have taken two men into custody and are questioning them about starting one/some of the fires. That was reported on the news over here this morning.

I am late to this thread, but I have been watching the news and getting updates from an Australian friend on another forum. I am so sorry that this has happened, and I hope that if and when the people who set some of the fires are caught, they put them in prison for many, many years.
My prayers are with our Melbourne members along with all Australians.
I'm late too,Mary and you said everything I feel and wanted to say.
Except...do they still "draw and quarter" for special cases,cause this
would be one of them.

The loss and devastation that fire brings is not matched by many things,
and I pray this is controlled and ends soon.

We've been getting posts about the fires on a cat-related board I subscribe to.

Our cat registry association has a 501(c)3 for disaster relief, and we've been invited to send donations online or by mail specified for the animals (all animals, not just cats) in Australia affected by the fires. The money will be presented when our association's president goes to Australia (in a few weeks, I think).

Hi all,

The fires are still going but are being contained at the present. Some towns are on alert but not under any direct threat. There is concern though with the weather heating up again next week.

Today, more bodies were found where fires had been...the death toll continues to rise.

I am though, so proud to be an Australian. I love the way Australia has banded together to give so generously, both financially and through physical assistance to help those affected.

I've been a volunteer over the past week, and although it's been hard to see all the devastation, I have been so touched by the huge heart of Australians.

Give your loved ones an extra hug today,

Yolanda

Thanks for the update and the happy part of a sad tale. It can be amazing and overwhelming when people team together and support each other.

Still praying for all of you that this stays controlled and everyone finds peace.

Latest posts

Back