self dosing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Babshappy

You will love home testing and home monitoring. Patients using home monitors and self managing stay in range a greater percent of the time than those that don't. Self managing is not rocket science and anyone willing to learn will. Trust your XS and do a comparison lab test every six months. I did for a couple of years and now I'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the lab. However if I need a blood test for something else I let them run a lab INR. Learn how to use your XS and trust the test result implicitly.
AND
I use a Hallmark date book, it's free at Christmas time and fits in the XS case. Actually any calendar will do. I prefer one month on one page. Each day I write the warfarin dose I take starting on Monday and then add up the seven day total and put it on Sunday. Meaning the weekly dose I took gave the INR result on Monday when I test. This method has proven successful for years and I wouldn`t change anything.
By the way save your receipts for strips, monitor and lancets--all are tax deductible.
Happy testing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back