Ross the moderator

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Hey Ross-

I see you've been elected moderator of some of the boards. You can keep us safe from some of those silly-willy hackers who've been pestering us lately.

Good going!

Ross undercover.....

Ross undercover.....

Maybe it's the new Avatar? Undercover Squidward to the rescue. Maybe Hello Kitty could lend a helping paw, LOL:D
Nah, that won't work....cats hate water;)

Hi Everyone!
Just wondering exactly what had been going on lately with hackers, viruses etc....I didn't find any trouble here that I noticed on my end, but I have noticed that for a couple of weeks or so I have been bumbarded with viruses being sent to me through my email. Norton catches at least one every single day. I was just wondering if maybe what has been going on with me had anything to do with what was going on here. Has anyone else been receiving a lot of viruses etc...through their email?

Take Care and Watch Out for Those Bugs!
Gail

I don't even have the cobwebs out of my head and I'm sort of sitting here numbified. I'd be honored to give it go. The members here are certainly a more easy going crowd and not hard to get along with, where at some forums I've been to, you would really have your job cut out for you.
I'd love to serve the forum and members. :)

Gail, what virus is causing you problems? Klez H? If so, you'll get it again and again until the person with the infected computer is disinfected. I hate that virus. Next time you get one, send me the email header from it and I'll see if I can't tell you who is infected. It's not always possible, but sometimes it is.

Last edited:
No viruses here yet, but lots of emails wanting to help me "enlarge" various body parts. LOL:p

Now if only we could invent a spam that would enlarge peoples brains, that would help a lot of folks, especially silly-willies.

Had me worried!

Had me worried!

Wow - you all sure had me worried, but then I put on my bifocals and saw it was OK. Thought at first somebody had used Ross' name and the word MODERATE in the same sentence without the word "not."

A moderate he probably is not. . . a fine moderator he would definitely be.

Take it, Ross!

I too have been getting a lot of emails "spam" offering to help "enhance" or enlarge my ..............

Nothing for my hair, however.

All funny but annoying. (Especially to those of us that don't need such help, Nancy) LOL LOL Lol I just crack myself up can't stop

Ross

Ross

Glad to hear that Hank entrusted such a good guy for this job. I'm sure you will do a good job. Thanks

hi!
i'm so glad to hear that others here are also getting lots of that spam to "enlarge" this and that....can't stand them!

hey ross,
someone once told me that i had less to worry about with viruses since i have a powerbook (mac). is that true??? are pc's more succeptible to viruses?

thanks for all the help you give us.
-sylvia

Re: Spam for various enlargements. Does anyone ever wonder just how large anyone would want all these body parts to get? I mean, just how much can a person's body stand without falling over. Reminds me of a wall drawing I saw once when visiting the ruins of Pompeii. I guess that was ancient spam.

All so silly beyond words. But great to make jokes about! What a world of insecure people we live in.:D :D :D :D

Nancy

Nancy

You hit it right on the head. When are people going to be secure with what God gave them. If it doesn't need fixed why fix it.

someone once told me that i had less to worry about with viruses since i have a powerbook (mac). is that true???
I'm not at all convinced that this is true. They seem to be less prone, but why I have no clue. I guess I should say that I don't know enough about Apple to make a fair judgement?

It looks like we've all received those 'enlarge' spam messages. It's a shame when these sick people enter/invade forums where people are genuine and helpful to each other with illnesses.

With so many other 'chat rooms' and such where individuals enjoy 'smut' it's an act of very demented persons to invade any health board! Let's hope they all find each other and leave us alone!

I'm glad you're looking out for us, too Ross. Big thanks to you and Hank for keeping our forum free of 'wackos'!!!!

Zipper/Joan

Latest posts

Back