Ross, Sept. 1

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SuperDragon

I don't know if I told you guys or not, but I think Friday they let him breathe on his own for an hour (till he got worked up trying to get out), and didn't let him at all Saturday because he was frustrated all day. He was actually doing Jell-O and beef broth today even though he has the trach tube in. Mom showed him the Camo shirt (thanks whoever sent it) and was reading some things to him from the support base (you guys). Thanks alot for everything so far. I had a dream (the fourth one now) last night that he was here in the house talking to my mom, and I saw him and started crying and said, "You're home?!" and he was like "Yeah"...weird. Until next time...

Steve

WOW Steve-

Some real good progress! That's wonderful isn't it? Ross is eating liquid things? That's great and he's able to communicate a little. How wonderful.

Weird dreams happen when you're stressed and weird things have happened in your life. I've had them also from time to time when I've been through some pretty tough times.

One of these days this will all be a memory. I hope that happens soon for you guys.

Please send Ross greatings from Nancy and Joe and tell him he got rid of his Alien the hard way.

Take care,

Steve - I think about Ross all the time. Every little bit of progress is meaningful. I know Ross is frustrated, I am too. Hope his recovery gets quicker and he is up on his feet. That would be a good dream.

Stevo,
This is really good news! Beginning to breathe on his own and taking liquids are signs Ross is turning the corner.

Steve, shortly after my surgery I decided that when I went home I didn't want to always have to have a pillow with me in the car, and tried to figure out a way to protect my chest better. So, I went out and bought a baseball catcher's chest protector. Your dad gave me some good natured ribbing about what I looked like in that thing....PLEASE tell Ross I am sending him my chest protector, since there is nothing that I'd rather envision than him riding in a car again!

Best wishes to your family,
--John
P.S. I can't seem to find that address for Ross' hospital; anyone have it handy? Thanks!

Ross

Ross

Hi Steve,
Tell Ross that his friend from New Mexico says "Hi" and sends his best wishes. I think of him, you and your Mom every day. Its got to be so tough. Thank you for the continuing posts.
Don
AVR; 4/02; CCF; Cosgrove; Bovine

Hi Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for posting ...please let Ross know that he is in my thoughts and prayers every day ....I know he can make it through this ...he is one tough man ...take care ...love and best wishes
Scottie

hi steve!
thank you so very much for updating us on your dad.
it sounds like he is making some progress... liquids and some breathing on his own....
i know this must be so trying for your family; please try and be patient. sometimes recovery takes a little longer with some folks. please also try and remember that every little step counts.
wishing your dad all the best and even if they are small steps, continued progress.
try and get some rest; you must be exhausted and drained from the worry.
all the best,
sylvia

Hey Steve:

Away for the weekend, just signed on. Came right here, and the first message I posted on, was of course, yours. Ross is on our minds every day!

That is great news about Ross! Jello! Hooray! Is he going to have some stories to tell! Whew.....he did it the hard way!

Dreams..........oh yeah. When you are stressed the really weird things come out!

Best wishes to Ross for a sped up recovery, and of course warmest regards to the whole family.

Wayne and Marybeth

Hi Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for the up=dating on your Dad..Please let us know when the trach comes out..Hope it's soon. Bonnie

Latest posts

Back