Report: jackc(Welland)surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jackc

Great news!! Jack's surgery went very well and he is recovering very quickly. He did not require a valve replacement as the BEE(?) they did while he was "on the table" showed his gradient was better than any replacement valve. He did, however have a triple bypass.
His recovery has been quite remarkable and they are thinking o sending him home in a couple of days!!!
He sends his best to you all and if I might... thankyou all for your support and your continued kindness.

Heatherc (wife of jackc Welland)

Thank you Heather and Great news it is indeed. Give him our best wishes and tell him that we're all plugging for him on a quick recovery.

How are you holding up? Anything we can do for you?

hi heather!
thank you for letting us know how well jack is doing. so glad they only had to do the bypass surgery.
wishing you both all the best and a continued speedy recovery. hope you both get some rest.
be well, sylvia

Terrific news, Heather. You must be doubly relieved, that he didn't need valve replacement and that it's over with. I'm sure it'll be wonderful to have him home again.

Sounds like GOOD NEWS to me Heather.

I would expect the test you referred to was a TEE (TransEsophagael Echogram) which places an untrasonic transducer down one's esophagus and provides higher resolution pictures of the heart than can be obtained from external echograms.

I recommend the books cited in the REFERENCE section of this website. They have excellent sections on what to expect during recovery.

Best wishes, 'AL'

Great news. Thanks for the update Heather. I'm sure Jack will be hitting golf balls again before you know it.

Jack I hope you recovery goes smoothly. Let us know.

Chris

To Jack...

To Jack...

Heather,

Thanks so much for letting us know how Jack's surgery went and how he's doing.
Glad to hear that he didn't need a replacement after all and just needed the triple by-pass. Nothing to sneeze at either but hopefully he'll be home soon and able to recover quickly.
Tell him we were all pluggin for him, and so glad that it's all over.

Christina
Congenital Aortic Stenosis
AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
St. Jude's Mechanical

Heather, thanks for the update on Jack, and especially the good news of his rapid recovery. Better yet, he didn't need the valve job!

Positive thoughts to you and Jack

Johnny

Latest posts

Back