Recovering from Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Debby:

Thanks, I'm very glad to be here :)

I start rehab next week. They want me to go 3 times a week, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to get there until I can drive again. I'm hoping the surgeon will clear my to drive after I see her on 11/15.

Be well,

Laura

Hello:

One of the nurses mentioned that I shouldn't drink. I figured it wouldn't go with pain medication. I don't know about the beta blocker. I thought I would ask the surgeon when I see her on the 15th if it was okay. I do enjoy a nice glass of wine! I expect to be off of all the pills by then. My cardiologist doesn't expect me to be on the beta blocker for long. I hope that's true!

Thanks,

Laura

So glad to see you on this side, Laura and from the sounds of it, you are making good, steady progress. It takes time for all your energy to come back, so just do a little at a time....baby steps! :)

If you're still struggling with your sleep at night, talk to your cardio about it and perhaps they can prescribe a mild sedative to help you. Getting sleep is very important and it speeds up the healing.

Hope you continue to do well! :)

Back