Recovering at home...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kevin M

Kevin had his surgery on Tu Jul 3 - it took roughly 6 1/2 hours. Everything went well during the surgery and once they removed all the tubes he felt much better. He was discharged from the hospital yesterday.

Kevin,

Glad to hear you're home. Rest well and as my grandfather always said, "Take it easy, but take it."

Get well soon Kevin.... get lots of rest... DON'T drive.... and TAKE YOUR MEDS lol.

Take care,
Zazzy

Hi Kevin,

Justed to to wish you a full and speedy recovery! I bet you are glad all the waiting is over.

Take your time, let your body heal.

Rob

Kev.. So happy that it's all over for you, and that you made it to the other side. Now all you have to do is take care not to strain the sternum, no reaching, no lifting too heavy. And keep walking my friend... You'll do fine, and keep us posted on your progress.

Christina

Kevin-

Great news. Sounds like you're doing fine. Keep up the good work and we'll be waiting to hear all about it.

Nancy

Kevin, I was just hinking about life right after surgury today. It was hell, but it's better then the other situation.

I hope all goes well, and like everyone says, just take it easy.

Phil

Hey Kevin - So glad to see you on this side of the mountain. You'll be sore for awhile and have lots of comments for us, but you will finally "get it" about the things we have talked about with you. Tain't a picnic, is it. But you're gonna feel so much better and be stronger as you recuperate. There's just one thing and you've heard us say "keep that little pillow handy and watchout for that sneeze!". God be with you, Kevin, and keep you well. Hensylee:)

Hi, Kevin

Hi, Kevin

Welcome to our side, Kevin. Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress.

Just want to remind you to walk...it really is the key...take it slow at first and short if need be, but do it. Also keep trying to stand and sit straight...don't slump in on that sternum.

Sorry to preach, but those were two biggies in my book...and of course like they say avoid those sneezes!

Welcome Kevin to the other side and trust that, aside from some discomfort and bumps on the road, things will gradually get much better for you. I'm two months out now and, frankly, feel like it was just a dream I had. Basically, I'm symptom free and now can easily forget about it sometimes, which is remarkable considering how much trauma it is and how much it has totally occupied my mind for the last 5 months. Some of us have had more bumps than others, but, for the most part, ai think you can tell from this forum that practically everyone recovers very well after surgery. Take it slow and easy and you'll relish the small improvements you will make everyday.

Hi kevin,

Glad to hear the worst is over. Too :cool: Remember to use your pillow. It will be your best friend for a while. I didn't sneeze to much but I coughed up a storm! The pillow did help. Definitely walk! Good Luck on your recovery. Before you know it you'll be feel great! Keep us informed!

Lorraine

Good to hear from you!

Good to hear from you!

Kevin,

It's great to hear that you've cleared the biggest hurdle! :cool:

Like all the others have said, the rest is fairly easy. Walk, walk, walk. I know that the first week I was home, I didn't walk that much, but by the second week, I was a walking fool.

Do your breathing exercises. I used to do them in the middle of my Tylenol dosage for the best results.

Things are going to be looking so far up for you in the near future!

Welcome to the other side of the mountain.

Kristy W.

Congradulation

Congradulation

Kevin,
So good to hear that everything went ok. Will be interested in hearing more details of the surgery as you start to recover.

Fred

Kevin - Great to hear you made it through OK. Good luck with further recovery.

Back