Reasurring - MedicAlert bracelet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue943

This morning I took part in a simulated major incident in which I was a casualty. My briefing was that I was unconscious, and was very seriously injured. When the ambulance arrived at the hospital I was wheeled into the A&E Department then quickly moved into 'Resus' since I was so badly injured. I was surrounded by doctors and other medical staff and it was gratifying to see that staff mentioned, and checked, my MedicAlert bracelet several times. So they really are worth having, as I said, I was supposedly unconscious so wouldn't have been able to give them any information, and since it was a simulated plane crash I had lost my posessions, no bag/purse or wallet, the bracelet was the only form of identification and my life could have been saved by wearing it.

I've been thinking about getting a medic alert for 2 of my boys, I think I will now. Gabe b/c of the heart and a penicillin allergy, Liam has the same allergy and an arnold chiari malformation. Not sure if knowing that would ever be helpful but I guess better that they know than don't. I had asked a good friend about them. She and her husband have both been EMTs and her husband is now a fire chief. He said they always check the medic alert bracelets.

Becca

Latest posts

Back