Reagents and Coagucheck XS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bocco

Didn't want to hijack the other home testing thread so I wanted start this one to ask about reagents. I called Roche customer support to ask about the difference I'm seeing between the lab and the meter I got about 5 weeks ago. They were very help full and they are sending me strips form a different lot to compare. Also offered to just send a new meter but I said I would try the new strips first.

During the conversation she said that the XS uses the "Dade Innovan Reagent" and if my lab does not that could explain the difference in my numbers. BTW I have been off by 1.1 and .6 on two different occasions. I checked with my lab and they use "Neoplastin C1+".

So my real question is: What are these reagents? And what's the difference between them?

Thanks

Gary

Hi
think of reagents as things (molecules) which will bind with thrombin to allow measurement of their clotting. Just like most tools there are many similar ones which will do the job. What varies. Is the exact details ( like time taken) for each one.

In a lab you do baselines on a reagent (meaning a line on a graph) with control samples. Then you test the actual sample and compare it.

If you change reagents you need to redo your baselines and they will not produce identical results. This is something like say changing out your thermometer from one in F to one in C.

This is also why the entire thing is rubbery and why I always say don't even get involved in the differences between 2.5 and 2.8

PS: a good (simple) read on the differences between reagents to INR measurement

http://www.cobas.com/content/dam/co...S-Plus-Pro-systems/Accuracy-and-precision.pdf

Back