reaction to versed?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcia58

Hi!

just to refresh everyone's memories, i had mitral repair in 2009, and had a freakout in icu. my neurologist has always thought it was an adverse reaction to one of the meds they used, but nobody ever determined which one. now, it's beginning to look, to me anyway, like i may be in for another round of surgery-this time on my tricuspid. in the meantime, i have had two root canals done, and in the proceess, i think i may have discovered something!

the root canals were both done with "waking sedation." the first time, they used versed. the second time, they used halcyon. with the versed, they told me i was restless and anxious, telling them i was choking and obsessing over the readouts on the BP monitor. the time they used halcyon, i apparently "slept like a baby."

has anyone heard of somebody having an adverse reaction to versed? if so, is there something else they can use, if i have to have surgery?

also,could an adverse reaction to versed (or some other medication) cause mucus plugs to develop in the bronchi?

thanks!

marcia

You can definitely have an adverse reaction to versed. As a nurse I have seen various levels of reactions to versed. There are other medications they can use. Talk with the anesthesiologists they have different options. One option I can think of is valium.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back