Rajesh - surgery update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep hoping Vidhya came back to this thread with an update how Rajesh is doing. Hopefully he's having a great recovery.

She is probably busy helping him.

Hello,

Sorry I have not been able to update as often as planned. But things are going good. He is off of all the wires now. He is on his own. Trying to walk 4 times and getting better with the spirometer.

Just trying hard to urinate. No luck for the past couple days.
I m told its normal. The tube has been removed today so that he can try once more tomorrow.

I'm hoping that he ll walk more and that will help him excrete.

Thanks all for your encouragement. Rajesh is overwhelmed too :)

Best
Vidhya

Great news Vidhya. I'm sure he'll be back home in no time.
It didn't take me long to urninate because they had me on Lasix to get rid of the extra fluid I had accumulated. My problem was not having a bowel movement. They tried stool softeners for several days and that didn't work. Then one of the veteran nurses brought me warm prune juice - she said it works best when it's warm. Well at that point I was ready to try anything. Down went the prune juice and 30 minutes later.....success.
I know, it's gross. But this piece of info may just come in handy some day.

Great news Vidhya. I'm sure he'll be back home in no time.
It didn't take me long to urninate because they had me on Lasix to get rid of the extra fluid I had accumulated. My problem was not having a bowel movement. They tried stool softeners for several days and that didn't work. Then one of the veteran nurses brought me warm prune juice - she said it works best when it's warm. Well at that point I was ready to try anything. Down went the prune juice and 30 minutes later.....success.
I know, it's gross. But this piece of info may just come in handy some day.

This was a very good piece of advice. I am taking this down for next week in case I need help with #1 and #2 ;)

Also, great news that Rajesh is doing better. Several more days and you guys will be out of the hospital and back home.

:) They tried warm prune juice with me (I actually like prunes) but it didn't work. :( I finally needed more than that to get my system working again.

Amen to prune juice. :) things look good here. We are still in the hospital just to get the inr right and also waiting for an echo test.

The whole day today, Rajesh has been confused and kept asking the same question more than 5 times not realizing he had asked that before. He forgets things that were said just minutes before. I am a little worried because he was perfectly fine the past three days. The nurse says it s just an after effect. Mmm hope he ll be fine tomorrow.

I also wanted to know what should we gift the nurses? Gift cards??? Can we leave them at the front desk if the nurses who helped us were not present the day we were leaving??

Guess we are ready to leave???!!!! :):):):)

I'm glad everything seems to be going well with Rajesh. I hope his memory improves, and his healing continues.

We were told by the nurses that homemade treats were the best. They get lots of store-bought things, but a homemade loaf of banana bread or cookies (without nuts) was very welcome!

I am a nurse and honestly, ANY kind of food is appreciated as lots of times, nurses only have time to grab something quick to eat - if at all.
Hope Rajesh is doing well....
karla

Latest posts

Back