Race Schedule

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkU

Been feeling like a slug lately, possibly related to eating & drinking too much over the Holidays and finding (lame) excuses to skip workouts.

Took some decisive action to motivate myself by entering two races:

1/23/10: 4.0 mile run over & back the Ringling Bridge crossing Sarasota Bay.
Benefits the local YMCA.

2/7/10: Y-Tri Super Bowl sprint triathlon (400yd swim, 10 mile bike, 2 mile
run).

I'd previously registered for the Sarasota Half Marathon on 3/14.

I'd like to do a couple more local sprint triathlons sometime in 2010. I have it in the back of my mind that I'd do an Olympic distance triathlon (twice the length of a sprint race) sometime in 2010, but don't know if that's going to happen.

My most important goal is losing twenty pounds this year to see if I can get my triglycerides in control without resorting to meds. Exercise helps, but the real solution is following a better diet.

Mark

Smart move to get motivated. I know when I don't have an event to train for I get lazy. Actually right now I have nothing scheduled until Apr but know I'll do something by then. I keep saying I'm going to get back into the triathlon circuit but hasn't happened yet. I have to keep running to keep the weight off. One of my new year's resolutions is to get down to 160 or lower, I'm 167 right now. I've been keeping my cholesterol and triglycerides in check and quit taking the meds because they don't work for me.

Slugs

Slugs

Hi Mark,

You're not the only one who feels like a slug...I've been slacking too. It's hard for me to get motivated to stay active when winter arrives in the Rockies. Many of us locals don't get into skiing until the snow pack gets decent...we're a few storms from being there in the Northern Rockies.

Indoor, gym stuff doesn't hold my interest so staying active really is a struggle. My cycling trainer is set-up in the living room, but I really hate that thing. Even riding while watching television pushes my limits of boredom.

Good luck with your upcoming competitions. Stay focused on your goals and the work you need to do to get where you want to be.

-Philip

Add me to the slug list too! I work nights, so by the time I get up this time of year, it is almost dark. Then add the cold wet rainy Washington State weather; motivation can be lacking. So what do I do ... Commit the runners sin, and cram workouts together on the weekend ... real smart right!

Latest posts

Back