Race Resuts

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctyguy

I ran in a 4 miler (actually measured a bit less) on Sunday, not my best run (37:10) but certainly very good as far as Im concerned. Seeing how running wasn't an option pre-surgery. 2/10ths into a run and I was SOB with chest pain. It kicks butt that I can run now !!

Now here is the REALLY amazing part. There was a 60 yr old man who finished 14th overall running it in 25:06 which is a 6:45 pace !!! Anyone who is a runner will appreciate that type of pace. For non-runners just know that this guy smoked about 1000 other runners (mostly 15 to 40 yr olds). Don't know him or his history but to see someone in their 60s running at that pace blows me away. Absolutely inspiring to me :)

Not bad for starters. You can only get better from here.

We just had a 4 mile race March 6, local USAT&F championship, so the best runners always show for that. Of about 600 finishers, first in the 60-64 age group was 56th place in 24:08, next 60 yr old was 124th in 26:50. Every now and then you get someone like that in the older age groups who knocks the socks off the competition. But only in the upper ages. Competition below age 50 is usually far more predictable.

Congrats on a great race! Running is something that you can always do whenever and wherever...it is a great way to exercize. Keep up the good work!

Back